Easy Steps to Reset Your Bosch Dishwasher
February 3, 2023
Have you ever had any issues with your dishwasher? Sometimes it can feel easier to call a technician or simply purchase a new dishwasher when you start having issues, however, troubleshooting might be easier than you think.
A quick fix to many common dishwasher issues can be resetting the dishwasher itself. Many dishwashers can easily be reset through a control panel.
Why Reset Your Dishwasher?
Why exactly would you ever need to reset your dishwasher? In some simpler cases, you could have set your dishwasher with a delay clean and you just want to cancel that out.
Sometimes your dishwasher can end up accidentally being locked or put into sleep mode. If you were unaware of these options being available on your dishwasher you could mistake the machine for being broken.
Taking the time to reset your dishwasher before making a call to a repair technician or even going out and buying a new dishwasher could save you time and money.
Easy Steps to Reset Your Bosch Dishwasher
Resetting your dishwasher can seem complicated, but here are some simple steps to follow to reset your Bosch dishwasher.
- Most Bosch dishwashers have a Start button that doubles as a reset button and will sometimes also be labeled “reset.” Press and hold this button for at least 3 seconds until you see the screen reset.
- If your dishwasher was running, you should hear the dishwasher start draining.
- If this doesn’t work, or you can’t locate a reset button on your dishwasher or by referencing your owner’s manual, unplug your dishwasher from its power supply for at least one minute.
Once the dishwasher is reset you can change the settings if they were wrong and restart. Or you can just leave the dishwasher until you are ready to use it again.
If resetting your machine does not solve the issues you are having it is best to call a repair technician that works on Bosch dishwashers.
Buying a New Dishwasher
If you decide you want to purchase a new dishwasher rather than spend the money on repairs, Howard’s has a great selection of Bosch dishwashers that we know you will love.
We recommend purchasing a new dishwasher if your current one is dated or lacks energy-efficient features. New models are often cheaper to run, more water efficient, and clean better.
800 Series Dishwasher with Home Connect
One of our favorite Bosch dishwashers is the 800 series dishwasher. It features Bosch’s Home Connect app which provides remote monitoring and control from any smart device or Alexa-enabled device.
Bosch is known to have the quietest dishwashers in the United States and this model is no exception. Other features notable features that you will love in this model include:
- Fits 15 place settings.
- CrystalDry™ features that deliver the ultimate dry all dishware including plastics.
- RackMatic® flexibility offers three height levels for each rack, giving you nine possible configurations to fit any sized dish.
- PrecisionWash® cycle brings the best and smartest clean possible.
800 Series Dishwashers with Flexible 3rd Rack
Two of our other favorite Bosch 800 Series Dishwashers are Model #SHPM78Z55N and Model #SHXM78Z55N.
These two models are essentially the same dishwasher with differently designed doors. Model #SHPM78Z55N features a recessed handle with a flush finish that added a sleek look to any kitchen, while Model #SHXM78Z55N features a standard, easy-to-grab handle.
These models boast a CrystalDry™ cycle and PrecisionWash® cycle much like the previously featured model but also include these amazing features:
- Fits 16 place settings.
- A delicate wash cycle to carefully clean China and other high-quality dishware that requires a gentle clean.
- A flexible 3rd rack that easily adjusts to fit extra utensils, cookware, or cups.
Shop Bosch at Howard’s Appliance
Howard’s Appliance in Southern California is here to help you find your next Bosch dishwasher or any other Bosch appliances you may want for your home. With appliance store locations throughout Southern California, we are conveniently located and ready to help you find the best appliances to fit all of your home needs.