Five Reasons You Should Splurge on Luxury Appliances
June 1, 2020
From better tech to overall lifetime savings, here are five reasons you should treat yourself to the best high-end appliances on the market.
Ever heard the phrase “you get what you pay for?” Well, it applies to pretty much everything, including luxury appliances. While many luxury purchases can lose their value quickly (like how a Porsche 911 loses $11,000 in value the second it’s driven off the lot), major appliances can last for decades and are constantly in use, making them a super practical household item to splurge on.
If you’ve had your eye on the latest professional-grade, cutting-edge luxury appliances but have been trying to talk yourself out of pulling the trigger, here are five reasons you should treat yourself to the best high-end appliances on the market.
They’ll Probably Last Longer
While some mid-level appliances are known for their longevity (we’re looking at you, Speed Queen), the best high-end appliances are truly built to last. Whether you’re purchasing a professional-grade gas range or a deluxe wine storage unit, chances are it’ll feature the latest tech and be constructed from only the highest quality materials.
Plus, luxury appliance brands put more time into researching, producing, and testing their best high-end appliances as they do their standard models. That’s just one (of many) reasons for the higher price tag.
The Latest & Greatest in Tech
In the age of take-out, meal kits, and an abundance of restaurants, many home chefs see cooking at home as a hobby. Whether you prefer watching Gordon Ramsay, Rachael Ray, or Alton Brown, celebrity chefs all have one thing in common: the very best high-end appliances.
If you want to truly cook like a pro, there are certain things basic appliances just can’t do, like perfectly crisp the crust on a seared pork chop or keep your veggies at the perfect temperature to ensure your produce is always at the highest peak of freshness.
All The Features You Want (& Then Some)
Want a TV in your fridge? Samsung has you covered. Want WiFi-connected everything so you can turn your stove on while stuck in traffic? No worries. By purchasing the best high-end appliances, you’re gaining access to products that have been specifically designed to streamline your cooking experience.
You’ll enjoy microwaves with pre-programmed cooking modes, dishwashers that are so quiet you won’t even know they’re running, and stoves with built-in ventilation that’ll capture smoke without a hood -- and that’s just kitchen appliances! Imagine the possibilities if you invested in the best high-end appliances throughout your entire home?
Savings That Last a Lifetime
The best high-end appliances on the market also tend to be the most energy-efficient, so while the upfront cost is higher, you’ll see savings on your gas and electric bill. This is especially true if you’re upgrading from a unit that’s more than a decade old. Most appliances from luxury brands also include features like Sabbath or vacation mode, so they’ll save even more energy when not in use.
You could purchase a basic gas range for $700 or a luxury range for $3,000. It’s over four times the cost, but over the average lifespan of 15 years, it comes out to just $200/year. And who doesn’t have an extra $17 hanging around each month?
You Deserve It!
At the end of the day, you won’t regret splurging on the very best high-end appliances. If your budget allows, they’re totally worth it. (And so are you!) Not only can they add value to your home, but they’ll make household chores easier while adding an element of beauty to your space.
When it comes to choosing the best high-end appliances, we have some favorites. If you’re the type of person who loves the latest and greatest, here are some luxury appliances to consider:
- Monogram Smart Fully Integrated Dishwasher- Designed to achieve the ultimate clean, this advanced wash system has over 90 powerful jets that’ll deliver complete washing coverage to every corner of your dishwasher. Plus, it’s really, really quiet.
- Craft Ice- LG InstaView Line - With the InstaView Line of LG refrigerators, you’ll be able to see inside without having to open the fridge- just give the screen two quick knocks!
- Family Hub Refrigerator- Features include built-in cameras so you can see inside your fridge from anywhere, and a screen that allows you to access your smart devices. With the Samsung Family Hub Refrigerator, you can check in on baby without having to even leave the kitchen.
- Monogram Warming Drawers- With a professional warming drawer from Monogram, you’ll never have to keep food warm in the microwave again. They’ll keep dishes at an ideal temperature while you cook, and are perfect for proofing breads and pastry dough.
- Thermador Built-In Wine Preservation Columns- For the ultimate wine aficionado, Thermador’s wine storage columns have eleven shelves and multiple zones to ensure your wines are always stored at the right temperature.
Are you looking for the best high-end appliances near you? Head to your local Howard’s, or browse our selection of Monogram, LG, Samsung, and other luxury appliance brands online. As always, we’ll take the guesswork out of delivery, and we’ll even pick up your old appliance while we’re there. Talk about luxury!