GE Cooking Ranges Buying Guide
March 10, 2023
If you are looking to purchase a new range, there are countless brands and models to choose from. GE is one of the leading brands and one of our top recommendations at Howard’s. We’ve compiled this simple buying guide to help you select the best GE range for your home.
Over A Century of Innovation
GE Appliances’ innovative history dates back to 1907. The brand began with a full line of heating and cooking devices, ranging from an electrically wired wooden cooktop to many other small appliances, that were marketed toward homeowners.
GE was inspired by the creative spirit of Thomas Edison, America’s Greatest Inventor. To this day they continue to embody his spirit with the amazing innovations they bring to the market. GE has brought several new innovations to the market over its 100+ year history from the first over-the-range microwave oven to the first voice-controlled oven.
GE’s appliances offer countless modern features including their SmartHQ Platform that allows users to get the most out of the experience. Another amazing innovation is their UltraFresh Front Loader Washer which is designed to fight the biggest complaint of front load washers – the odor they can cause.
No matter which GE appliance you are interested in, you are sure to find innovative feature options that other brands do not offer.
Where to Start
Choose Your Range Type
The first step in choosing the right range for your home is to choose which type of range you are looking for. GE offers a wide selection of cooking ranges including:
- Electric ranges use electricity to heat both the oven and the cooktop surface. These ranges are more energy-efficient than other options and electric heat in the oven cavity provides a more even and consistent temperature.
- Gas ranges use gas to heat the oven and cooktop. Gas cooktops adjust heat more quickly compared to electric cooktops.
- Double oven ranges offer two separate oven cavities providing the option to cook at two temperatures at once.
Ranges by GE Profile™, Café™ Appliances, and Monogram® are all owned by GE but offer upgraded options including induction cooktops and duel-fuel ranges.
Slide-In, Free-Standing, or Drop-In
Before you start shopping, determine your range’s placement and which type of range you will need. Slide-in ranges do not have finish sides and require cabinetry to be sized appropriately.
Free-standing ranges are more versatile and easily fit into a variety of spaces. Drop-in ranges require more specific sizing and work well in islands.
GE offers a wide selection of free-standing ranges, slide-in ranges, and drop-in ranges.
Size & Capacity
The height, width, and depth of your oven are all important factors to consider before making a purchase. If you are replacing a range, measure the space currently available in your kitchen before shopping.
The oven’s interior capacity is important to note as well. If you regularly prepare meals for large groups of people, shopping for a range with a larger interior space will be beneficial.
GE Ranges can range in price from approximately $500 to $2,200. Determine your budget before shopping so you have a good idea of which ranges fall into your selection.
If shopping online at Howards.com, you can easily filter your search to only see options within your budget.
Unique GE Ranges Features
You may already have some features in mind that you know you want to have in your next range. We consider thinking over the following things to decide if they’re something you want to shop for.
- Wi-Fi capability and/or voice control
- Self-clean settings
- Air Fry
- Warming drawers
- Color and/or finish type
GE Ranges have much to offer anyone looking for a new range for their home. Just some of the unique features that GE ranges offer include:
- True European Convection and Precise Air offers a third heating element and a reversing fan that creates enhanced heat and circulation.
- Power Boil features offer a size to fit any pot or pan for fast and efficient boiling.
- Warming Zone settings on electric ranges offer a fifth element warming zone to keep food warm instead of needing to microwave it.
- Fast Oven Preheat offered on select electric ranges offer a faster heat-up time with two heating elements working together.
- No Preheat Air Fry settings are ideal for those that regularly cook foods that are best with a crisp finish.
- Fingerprint Resistant Finish is perfect for large families and busy kitchens.
Shop at Howard’s Appliance in Southern California
If you’re in the Southern California area and ready to purchase a new range, the experts at Howard’s Appliance are here to help. We have over 75 years of experience providing personalized service and guidance to our customers as they explore Howard’s outstanding selection of appliances.
Shop our selection of refrigerators, dishwashers, washers, dryers, and more at a location near you today. We have several appliance store locations and experience centers located conveniently in Los Angeles, Long Beach, Huntington Beach, and throughout Southern California. Locate a Howard’s Appliance store location near you today.