Thanksgiving Dinner Ideas For Kids, Adults, and Families
November 18, 2022
Thanksgiving is right around the corner. When preparing for holiday gatherings, it is helpful to plan out the meals, what you will be making, and what each guest will bring a few weeks in advance.
Whether you are hoping for a traditional holiday meal or something a little out of the ordinary this year, we have you covered. We have compiled a list of our team’s favorite holiday recipes below.
Dinner Ideas for the Kids
If you have children or will be hosting kids at your Thanksgiving gathering this year, it can be fun to incorporate special treats or fun recipes into your meal.
If you are looking for fun treats and even centerpieces for the table, try out these fun ideas.
- Candy Cornucopias - These would make a great treat for kids or even a sweet-toothed parent. Simply fill a chocolate-dipped waffle cone with Chex mix, candy corn, and fall-themed candies and lay them on their side. These can be individually wrapped or laid out in front of each place at the table for added decoration.
- Turkey Cheese Ball - Cheese balls are often a hit at family gatherings but step it up a notch by decorating your cheese ball this thanksgiving to look like a turkey. Add pretzel sticks for the turkey’s fan and use a thicker pretzel rod along with candies to make your own turkey neck and face. The kids in your home will love the silly appearance this turkey cheese ball will add to the table and will have a blast helping to put it together.
- Turkey Cookies - This adorable idea from The Food Network is one of our favorites. Bake sugar cookies in your range or oven that are in the shape of your children's hands and then decorate them to look like turkeys.
Ideas for the Adults
Whether you are hosting Friendsgiving or just want a few recipes geared toward the adults in your family, here are three delicious recipes to try out this year.
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes -Mashed potatoes are an easy win for most at a holiday gathering and many families serve sweet potato casserole at Thanksgiving, but we love mashed sweet potatoes. Start by boiling your sweet potatoes on a quality cooktop and mix in syrup, cinnamon, brown sugar, butter, or pepper to taste.
- Pull-Apart Garlic Bread -Want something a little different than the plain dinner rolls you have every year? This pull-apart garlic bread recipe baked in a convection oven is one of our team’s favorite additions to Thanksgiving.
- Bacon-Wrapped Turkey - It is time to take that boring turkey and turn it into a masterpiece! We love this recipe for bacon-wrapped turkey from Taste of Home and highly recommend trying it if your guests love bacon. Roasting this turkey in the oven only takes a few hours depending on size and will add a unique spin on your main entree.
Great Ideas for the Whole Family
Are you just looking to add a little bit of a change to your family Thanksgiving dinner? These unique recipes are great for anyone to try and ones we love.
- Bacon-Wrapped Brussel Sprouts - Now not everyone is a brussel sprout fan, but we could not overlook these. How could something wrapped in bacon not be good?
- Carrot Pigs in a Blanket - A fun and healthy twist to the pig in a blanket, these carrots in a blanket are one of our favorite appetizers and are sure to please.
- Sweet Potato Sugar Cookies - These sweet potato sugar cookies are topped with a delicious marshmallow topping. There is no doubt that these are delicious and would be a great dessert to share with the whole family!
Here at Howard’s, we love trying new things! We also love helping all our customers find the right appliances to help them get the job done.
Whether you are looking for a new range or oven to cook your Thanksgiving dinner, a new TV to watch the Football games, or even a guest bed for those you’re hosting through the holiday, we have you covered.
Browse online, give us a call, or visit any of our appliance stores throughout California to get more information.