The 5 Hottest Trends in Kitchen Appliances
May 26, 2023
As we are mid-way through 2023, we are looking back and sharing the inside scoop on the biggest appliance trends of the year and what you should add to your priority list. From aesthetics to functionality and ease, here are the hottest trends of the year and tips on what to look for.
From smart refrigerators that organize your grocery lists to voice-activated ovens, these appliances will elevate your cooking and entertaining experience like never before. Trust us, if you do not already have smart appliances, you want them.
One of the biggest features we suggest prioritizing in all your appliances is voice activation and connectivity. Having your home appliances and devices connected through a Google Home or Alexa-enabled device is a game changer and will save you time and energy.
Here are a few of our top tips.
- Integration. Shop for appliances that integrate with one another.
- Automated Detergent Dispensing. Washers with automated detergent dispensers are game changers.
- AI-Power. Dishwashers and washing machines with AI can recognize your soil levels and patterns and adjust accordingly.
- Voice-Activation. Many smart appliances integrate with Amazon Alexa and/or Google Home. Shop for appliances that work with your home’s other smart devices to allow you to easily use voice activation.
Shop our selection of smart refrigerators, smart ovens, smart washers & dryers, and more online today at Howard’s Appliance.
Energy-efficient appliances use significantly less electricity than traditional options, which means you will save on your utility bills each month. By investing in energy-efficient products now, you will be doing your part to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and promote a more sustainable future for our planet—a benefit that is truly priceless.
So, whether you are looking for a new refrigerator or washing machine, do not underestimate the importance of choosing an appliance with high-efficiency ratings. While you are shopping, be sure to look for Energy Star certifications and view the Energy Guides if applicable.
Learn more about our tips on choosing energy-efficient appliances and our top choices for 2023.
Brightly Colored Appliances
One of the biggest trends of the year is adding a pop of color in key rooms, especially in the kitchen. Adding a burst of color can create a warmer feel to a room, create a talking point, and brighten everyone’s mood. We love these oven and refrigerator models that are available in a variety of bright colors.
Induction cooktops offer a variety of benefits that make them the go-to choose for modern kitchens. Some of these benefits include the following.
- Energy-Efficiency. Since they only heat up the cookware and not the entire surface of the stove, they use less electricity to do so and cut down on costs.
- Safety. They are safer than traditional gas stoves as there is no open flame involved.
- Quick Cooking. They heat food faster and more evenly than conventional methods.
- Easy Cleanup. Cleanup is a breeze as spills do not burn onto a hot surface.
There are many benefits to using steam ovens, which can greatly enhance the cooking experience. Some of our favorite benefits of steam ovens include the following.
- Preserve Nutrients. Because steam ovens use water vapor to cook food rather than dry heat, they can help food retain more nutrients and vitamins in the food being prepared.
- Lock in Moisture. Steaming helps to lock in moisture and prevent foods from drying out while cooking, resulting in tender meats and vegetables.
- Low Energy Usage. Since steam ovens operate at lower temperatures than traditional convection ovens, they consume less energy overall making them a more sustainable option for home cooks who want to minimize their environmental impact.
Get The Latest Models at Howard’s Appliance
Stop into a Howard’s appliance location near you to have one of our experts pair you with the hottest models of the year.
We have several conveniently-placed stores throughout Southern California including locations in La Habra, Huntington Beach, Laguna Hills, Long Beach, and Victorville. Browse online, give us a call, or visit any of our appliance stores throughout California to get more information.