The Best Christmas Cookie Recipe Using a KitchenAid Mixer
December 9, 2022
Holiday baking is a seasonal tradition for so many. Though all-day baking events build lasting memories, they can also be physically exhausting. KitchenAid mixers make the process of baking holiday treats a little easier for families everywhere.
Christmas Gingerbread Cookie Recipe
This gingerbread cookie recipe from KitchenAid is one of the best Christmas cookie recipes using a KitchenAid mixer that we’ve tried. Gingerbread cookies are a holiday staple and fun for everyone to decorate.
Make this recipe your own by cutting these cookies into shapes to make a gingerbread house, people-shaped cookies, holiday trees, or simple round cookies that can easily be decorated to look like ornaments. The possibilities are endless.
Just follow these simple steps and put your own spin on them for the perfect, moist seasonal treat this year.
Gingerbread Cookie Ingredients
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1½ dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
Gingerbread Cookie Instructions
- Attach the Sifter and Scale attachment to your KitchenAid mixer.
- Place a bowl (other than your stand mixer bowl) in the location to collect the sifted ingredients.
- Measure the flour, baking powder, cloves, nutmeg, ginger, and cinnamon and sift together into the bowl using the attachment on speed 4.
- Set the bowl aside.
- Attach the stand mixer bowl to the KitchenAid mixer and place the butter and dark brown sugar into the bowl.
- Using the flat beater, beat on speed 4 until well mixed and light in color.
- Reduce the speed setting to level 2 and add the egg and salt until well-mixed.
- While the mixer continues to run, slowly add the sifted ingredients from step 3 into the mixing bowl.
- Mix until a dough forms and is all well combined.
- Remove the dough and roll it out until it is about ¼ inch thick.
- Place the dough between two layers of plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350℉.
- Remove from the fridge, remove the top layer of plastic wrap, and cut the cookies into your desired shape.
- Place your cookies on a cookie sheet with parchment paper and place them into the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes.
- When the cookies are finished baking, they will look dry but be soft to the touch.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and immediately place them on a cooling rack.
- Frost and decorate as desired using the royal ice recipe below.
Royal Icing Ingredients
- 6 egg whites at room temperature
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Approximately 1 cup of powdered sugar
Royal Icing Instructions
- Add egg whites to the stand mixer and mix on speed 6 with a Flex Edge or Flat Beater until the egg whites are frothy.
- Add lemon juice and mix until well combined.
- Gradually add powdered/confectioners sugar until you achieve the desired consistency.
- Immediately fill your piping bag and decorate as desired.
Other Recipes and Shopping at Howard’s
KitchenAid offers thousands of recipes that are specifically created for their stand mixers. Some of our other favorite holidays treats to make with a KitchenAid mixer include:
- No Bake Peppermint Truffles
- Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake
- Cornbread Doughnuts with Cranberry Glaze and Pecans
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Mousse Pie
As the experts in kitchen appliances in Southern California, we are proud to carry a wide selection of stand mixers, ranges, ovens, refrigerators, and more. Browse online, give us a call, or visit any of our appliance stores throughout California to work with our team to find the best appliances for your holiday baking.