Whirlpool Cooking Ranges Buying Guide
April 12, 2023
At Howard’s, we understand the importance of having a reliable cooking range in your kitchen. Cooking ranges are essential appliances that every household needs in order to efficiently cook delicious meals for their family and loved ones. However, with so many options available in the market, choosing the right one that fits your needs and budget can be overwhelming.
Not to worry, we’ve created this comprehensive Whirlpool cooking range buying guide to help you make an informed decision when purchasing your next cooking range. We will cover everything you need to know, from the different types of ranges available to the features you should consider when making your purchase. Let’s get started!
Types of Fuel Sources
There are three main types of cooking ranges available in the market: gas, electric, and dual fuel. Each of these options has its own set of advantages and disadvantages that you should keep in mind while selecting the right one for you and your lifestyle.
- Gas Ranges: Gas ranges are known for their quick heating and precise temperature control, making them a popular choice among professional chefs. They are also energy-efficient and cost-effective in the long run. However, gas ranges can be difficult to clean, and the open flame can pose a safety hazard.
- Electric Ranges: Electric ranges are easy to clean, easy to install, and they are also the safest option to use since they don't have an open flame. This model is quick to heat up, producing consistent and even heat when cooking your food. However, electric ranges can be slow to heat up and cool down, and they tend to be less energy-efficient than gas ranges.
- Dual Fuel Ranges: Dual fuel ranges combine the best of both worlds by combining a gas cooktop with an electric oven. They offer quick heating and precise temperature control on the cooktop while providing even heating in the oven. However, they tend to be more expensive than gas or electric ranges.
Types of Cooking Ranges
- Built-In Ranges: Built-in ranges are installed directly into your kitchen countertop, creating a seamless and integrated look. These ranges are designed to be permanently fixed in place and are typically wider than other types of ranges. Built-in ranges are often more expensive than other types of ranges due to the cost of installation and the custom fitting required for your kitchen.
- Slide-In Ranges: Slide-in ranges are designed to fit in between your kitchen cabinets and create a sleek seamless look in your kitchen. They typically have unfinished sides and a front control panel that extends over the countertop. This style tends to be easier to clean and is often more expensive than freestanding ranges.
- Free Standing: Freestanding ranges are the most common type of cooking range and are designed to stand alone in your kitchen. They typically have a backsplash and control panel at the back of the range, and they can be placed anywhere in your kitchen as long as there is enough space. Freestanding ranges are easy to install and are often the most affordable option of the three.
Things To Consider Before Purchasing
A cooking range is an important investment for any home, so it's important to consider several factors before making your purchase. In this section, we will discuss some of the most important factors to consider when purchasing a Whirlpool cooking range:
- Cooktop: The cooktop is an important part of any cooking range, and it's essential to choose one that meets your specific needs. Whirlpool offers a variety of cooktop options, including gas, electric, and induction. Gas cooktops offer quick and precise heat control, while electric cooktops are easy to clean and maintain. Induction cooktops are the most energy-efficient and offer the quickest heat-up times. Consider your cooking style and preferences when choosing a cooktop.
- Size: The size you select will depend on the available space in your kitchen and your cooking needs. Whirlpool offers cooking ranges in various sizes, ranging from 30 inches to 48 inches wide. Take into account how much oven space you need as well to ensure it can accommodate large meals if you have a bigger family or host often.
- Features: Whirlpool cooking ranges come with a variety of features, including convection ovens, fingerprint-resistant stainless steel, self-cleaning options, and built-in timers. Consider which features are important to you and which ones you can do without. If you're an avid baker, a convection oven may be a must-have, while a self-cleaning option may be a convenience that you're willing to pay extra for.
- Price: The price of a Whirlpool cooking range can vary depending on the size, features, and cooktop options you choose. It's important to set a budget before making your purchase to help you narrow down your options. Consider the long-term value of your investment, including energy efficiency and durability, when determining your budget.
- Lifestyle: Consider your lifestyle when choosing a Whirlpool cooking range. Do you frequently entertain guests and need a large oven and cooktop? Are you an avid home cook who needs precise heat control? Do you have a busy schedule and need a range with easy-to-use features? Whirlpool ranges offer a variety of features so taking your lifestyle into account will help you determine which features are non-negotiable and which ones you can live without.
Unique Whirlpool Features
If you are struggling to decide which features you would like your range to have, here is a list of the most commonly used features as well as some features unique to Whirlpool.
- Self-clean: Self-clean allows you to clean your oven without using harsh chemicals or scrubbing. The oven will heat up to a high temperature, burning off any food residue, and leaving the oven clean and ready to use.
- Delayed start: Delayed start allows you to set your oven to start cooking at a later time. This is useful if you want to prepare a meal ahead of time and have it ready when you get home from work.
- Convection: Convection cooking or true convection uses a fan to circulate hot air throughout the oven, cooking food more evenly and quickly. It's useful for baking, roasting, and other types of cooking.
- Warming drawer: A warming drawer allows you to keep cooked food warm until you're ready to serve it. It's useful if you're cooking multiple dishes and need to keep some of them warm while you finish cooking the rest.
- Sabbath mode: Sabbath mode is designed for those who observe the Sabbath and want to use their oven without violating any religious restrictions. It allows you to disable certain features, such as the automatic shut-off, so that you can use your oven without interruption.
- Wi-Fi connectivity: Some Whirlpool models come with Wi-Fi connectivity. This feature allows you to control your oven remotely using your smartphone or other mobile devices. You can preheat your oven, set cooking times and temperatures, and even receive notifications when your food is done cooking.
Unique Whirlpool Features
- Frozen Bake technology: This feature allows you to skip the preheating process when cooking frozen food items. Simply select the Frozen Bake setting and the oven will adjust the cooking temperature and time accordingly, without the need to preheat the oven.
- EZ-2-Lift Hinged Cast-Iron Grates: Whirlpool ranges come equipped with hinged cast-iron grates that make it easy to clean under and around the burners. The grates can be lifted up and out of the way with one hand, without having to remove them entirely
- True Convection Cooking: Whirlpool ranges with true convection technology feature a third heating element and fan to circulate hot air more evenly, resulting in faster and more even cooking.
- AquaLift Self-Cleaning Technology: This innovative cleaning system uses water and low heat to clean the oven in just 50 minutes, without the need for harsh chemicals or lengthy self-cleaning cycles.
- FlexHeat Dual Radiant Element: This versatile element can be used as a single 6-inch or 9-inch burner, or combined to create a larger heating surface for larger pots and pans.
- AccuSimmer Burner: This specialized burner provides precise temperature control for simmering sauces, melting chocolate, and other delicate cooking tasks.
Find The Best Whirlpool Cooking Ranges
Now that you know what to look for when shopping for a Whirlpool cooking range, we can help you find the perfect range for you and your home. Whether you would like a Whirlpool gas range, a Whirlpool electric range, or a Whirlpool slide-in range. Head on over to one of our store locations in Long Beach, Riverside, Glendale, Tustin, Torrance, Los Angeles, and more to browse our extensive inventory.
When you are ready to upgrade your kitchen and cooking experience, we are here to make your dream kitchen a reality. We proudly offer the best ranges, ovens, refrigerators, dishwashers, and more to fully equip your kitchen with everything you will ever need. Stop by and see why Howard’s is the best kitchen appliance store near you!