Howard's was founded in 1946 when Howard Roach began repairing radios in the back of a sporting goods store in San Gabriel, California. Due to Howard's focus on customer satisfaction, the business has grown over the past 74 years to become Southern California's largest and most trusted independent retailer of appliances, TVs, and mattresses. With 14 locations, our goal is to provide our customers with the highest level of service, the best product selection, and the best deals around!
Howard's is proud to be 100% Employee Owned which means all employees enjoy the benefits of belonging to an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)*.
Howard's is an employee-owned company whose team is committed to excellence. Howard's is continually looking for exceptional employees in the areas listed below who can contribute to the success of our company:
Job: Sales Associate
Store: All Store Locations
Reports to: Store Manager
Department: All Store Locations
Job Family: Sales / Store Locations
Supervisory Role: N/A
The Sales Associate is responsible for assisting customers with questions about the product, services the company offers, and is continuously updating their knowledge in the company’s product, services and industry. Also, handles customer complaints by turning a frustrating customer to a happy customer while adhering to company practices and/or policies. The position must also meet their individual sales target and help meet the store’s overall sales revenue metrics.
- Stay in contact and frequently corresponds with current and past customers via email and outbound phone calls
- Accurate data entry of all proposals, new orders and revisions as required
- Thoroughly review all orders and revisions for content, accuracy and completeness
- Sales associates are expected to qualify the customer by properly making sure the customer has accurate measurements to ensure their product fits
- Coordinate with internal operations department and outside vendors on sales related activities
- Assist walk in or phone customers with questions, concerns, problems, etc
- Provide creative solutions to meet the customer needs
- Create strong, lasting, profitable, relationships with each customer
- Provide the highest possible level of service to the customers
- Exhibit confidentiality and attention detail as the position requires to collect customer’s personal information such as delivery address etc.
- Help always promote the company and its products and services
- Must always attend to the best interests of the Company
- Continue to educate oneself in the appliance industry
- Sales Associates are expected to complete every transaction accurately; disclosing all information regarding policies that affect the customer such as: delivery, installation, consumer finance, special order, product features, layaway, etc
- Sales Associates will cooperate and maintain good rapport with fellow salespersons and employees of all departments throughout our organization, as well as with outside business partners
- Sales associates must be well groomed, and apparel must be in line with the prevailing uniform requirements and day-to-day activities of the organization. A name tag must always be worn
- Demonstrate professionalism in all situations
- Sales associates are expected to maintain workstations in a clean and organized manner. This means free of clutter, food and drinks, as well as any personalization
- Might support other team members to move displays or product throughout the store by applying proper lifting techniques
- Will support in other areas as needed
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Requires walking, standing, twisting, bending, and occasional repetitive movement.
- Requires using hand tools.
- Requires working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. Occasionally will go outdoors.
- Available to work mornings, afternoons, evenings and weekends.
- Ability to sustain a good attendance track record.
- 0 mos. of sales experience (entry level, no experience is ok)
- Computer literate (intermediate).
- Experience with Microsoft Suite.
- Ability to maintain professionalism when interacting with internal and external customers.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to maintain professionalism when interacting with difficult customers.
- Excellent writing (to ensure concise product order information is accurate for delivery or billing/invoicing purposes), verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Impeccable follow up and follow through skills
- Must be flexible, well organized, detail-oriented, able to handle a fast-paced work environment.
- Present an eager, customer centric, confident and professional image.
- Excited to be a part of a highly motivated and innovative company culture.
- Bi-lingual Spanish/Tagalog/Vietnamese/Chinese/Korean preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Retail sales experience is a plus.
- Ability to work on a full-time schedule, but part time is ok.
Howard's Appliances, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, gender, religious creed, religious dress and grooming practices, marital or familial status, domestic partner status, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics or information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, gender identification, and gender expression or any other consideration or characteristic made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.Apply Now Return to Careers
More about ESOP
The value of the ESOP is dependent on the success and profitability of the company, so the value of ESOP shares can fluctuate over time. Generally, a 7% growth is average, but if the company does especially well, there can be incredible share value increases year to year. Over time, ESOP allocations can add up to large numbers. Plus, unlike a 401(k), employees do not contribute any of their own money towards their ESOP, so anything they receive is extra and at no cost to them. With the uncertainties over social security and the ability to save for retirement, ESOP can be a powerful retirement plan to be a part of.
Employees tend to work harder when they've got some "skin in the game." Being able to directly benefit from the overall success and profitability of the company adds significant financial motivation to work harder, think creatively, and work efficiently as a team. This synergy creates a far more rewarding work environment.
Team. Everyone. Achieves. More.
Belonging to an ESOP is a Rare Benefit.
There is no such thing as a perfect job or a perfect company, and you'll likely experience ups and downs no matter where you work. An ESOP is an amazing benefit that is incredibly rare to come by, as there are only approximately 10,000 ESOPs in the Nation.
We are proud to offer a competitive wages and outstanding benefits!
Health, dental, vision, life
ESOP - Employee Stock Ownership Plan*
Paid time off (vacation/sick/holidays)
If this sounds like the job opportunity you've been looking for, and if you meet our qualifications, Howard's wants to talk with you right away!
Howard's is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Qualified applicants are welcome to apply for employment in person, via email, or via US Mail. Please stop by any Howard's location, email application to Human Resources at HumanResources@howards.com.
You may mail your application to:
Howard's Appliances, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
901 E. Imperial Hwy.
La Habra, CA 90631