The KC-860U helps remove pollutants and common allergens such as pollen, dust, pet dander and smoke, and captures 99.97% of particles as small as 0.3 microns from the air that passes through it. The KC-860U also reduces germs, bacteria, viruses, odors, mold and fungus. It is an ideal solution for allergy sufferers, asthmatics, pet owners and smokers, and when used in humidify mode, can help relieve congestion, cough, and dry and swollen nasal passages. It is best used in a bedroom, living room, study or exercise room.NATURALLY ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY FOR TRULY CLEAN AIR Sharp's exclusive patented Plasmacluster® ion technology eliminates microscopic pollutants that traditional filters cannot trap, by replicating nature's own cleaning process of producing positive and negative ions from water vapor in the air. These ions refresh the air without any harmful chemicals or perfumes. ALMOST PERFECT ALLERGEN REMOVAL True HEPA filtration is ideal for removing common household allergens such as dust, pollen, pet dander, and smoke from the air. With True HEPA filtration, which removes 99.97% of airborne pollutants as small as 0.3 microns, including dust, pollen, pet dander, and smoke particles, more particles can be captured when compared to a HEPA-type filter. AUTOMATICALLY DETECTS, DISPLAYS AND REACTS Built-in temperature, dust, and humidity sensors monitor your air quality and automatically clean and humidify as needed, so you can sit back and enjoy healthier, fresher air! RELIEVE DRY AIR SYMPTOMS Humidifiers can help relieve sinus issues, dry throat, dry eyes, and chapped lips. They can also help relieve dry skin caused by psoriasis, thyroid disorders, topical medications, and cosmetics. Heaters used in wintertime can also lower the humidity level in the air, so having a humidifier is helpful.
- Humidification Function
- adds humidity to the air for improved air quality and maximum comfort, especially in colder weather. It also helps reduce static electricity that results from dry air.
- Front Display
- shows Plasmacluster operation, dust monitor, humidity level, and indicator light to determine when the water tank needs to be refilled.
- True HEPA Filter
- captures 99.97% of particles as small as 0.3 microns that pass through it, including pollen, mold, pet dander and dust. The special Antimicrobial Layer provides extra protection against viruses.
- Plasmacluster Technology
- splits water molecules into positively and negatively charged ions, which spread throughout the room, surrounding airborne particles. This system effectively restores the natural balance of ions in the air, like near a waterfall or just after a thunderstorm. This restored balance helps refresh the air and leaves it cleaner smelling.
- Easy Operation
- with "Instant On" buttons for Clean Air, Clean Air & Humidify and Quick Clean mode.
- Clean Sign Indictor
- shows the level of impurities in the air so it's easy to see the progress as it returns healthier, cleaner air into the room.
- Manual Operation
- lets the user choose among 3 fan speeds, plus Pollen and Quick Clean modes.
- Automatic Operation
- uses the sensor to automatically adjust fan speed for the degree of cleaning required.
- Plasmacluster Ion Mode
- can be switched between Clean Mode / Ion Control Mode and Automode automatically. Maintains the natural ion balance in the room.
- Library Quiet(TM)
- operation is ideal for bedrooms and living rooms. Silent Mode is as quiet as 28 decibels with humidier on, about the volume of rustling leaves. This is one of the quietest Air Purifiers with a HEPA filter available anywhere.
- Energy Efficient
- operation means it's easy on your wallet. With its advanced technologies, it is 35% more energy efficient than standard models, making it ENERGY STAR (R) qualified. 1
- Ultra Long Life HEPA Filters
- require changing only once every 5 years 2 so operating costs are low.
|Air Purification System:||Plasmacluster & Fan|
|Automatic Operation based on Sensor(s):||Yes|
|ENERGY STAR ® :||Yes|
|Plasmacluster Ion Modes:||On / Off|
|Plasmacluster Indicator Light:||Yes (Blue)|
|Fan Speeds:||3 (High / Med / Low) plus Auto and Pollen|
|Manual Operation:||Yes (Clean Air / Clean Air & Humidify)|
|Air Louver:||Yes, Fixed|
|OFF Timer (hours):||No|
|Clean Sign Indicator:||Yes|
|Lights ON/OFF Button:||Yes|
|CADR (Clean Air Delivery Rate)|
|Dust or Odor:||Dust|
|Clean Filter Indicator Light:||Yes|
|Micron Mesh Pre-Filter:||Back Panel|
|Part Number: Description: Filter for: Replacement Cycle: Product (W x D x H), inches: Product Weight, pounds: Shipping (W x D x H), inches: Shipping Weight, pounds: UPC :||FZ-C100MFU Humidifying Filter KC-850U/KC-860U 2 years 7.5 x 8.9 x 1.2 0.15 11.2 x 9.4 x 1.7 0.4 074000662544|
|Part Number: Description: Filter for: Replacement Cycle: Product (W x D x H), inches: Product Weight, pounds: Shipping (W x D x H), inches: Shipping Weight, pounds: UPC :||FZ-C150DFU Washable Deodorizing filter KC-860U 5 years 17.7 x 9.8 x 0.39 0.33 20.4 x 10.2 x 1.0 0.8 074000662513|
|Part Number: Description: Filter for: Replacement Cycle: Product (W x D x H), inches: Product Weight, pounds: Shipping (W x D x H), inches: Shipping Weight, pounds: UPC :||FZ-C150HFU HEPA replacement filter KC-860U 5 years 17.7 x 9.8 x 1.5 0.59 20.4 x 10.2 x 2.0 1.0 074000662506|
|Filter Type:||Washable Active Carbon|
|Filter Life:||up to 5 years after opening|
|Filter Type:||True HEPA|
|Filter Life:||up to 5 years after opening|
|Filter Type:||Humidifying filter|
|Filter Life:||up to 2 years after opening|
|Standby Power (Watts):||0.3|
|Power Cord Length (feet):||8.3 / 2.5|
|Limited Warranty:||1 year parts and labor from date of purchase|