Get more emotion and excitement out of every scene and song with this slim sound bar. The S-Master digital amp reduces distortion for clean, detailed sound, and you can stream audio in high-quality thanks to LDAC.Hear more of everything
A 2-way driver at each end of the sound bar delivers balanced, full-frequency audio.Be surrounded by soundS-Force PRO Front Surround
Our virtual surround sound technology puts you right at the heart of the movies you love by emulating theater-style surround sound.Made to match your space
The HT-CT790's slim 2.5 inch (6.4 cm) profile means it won't get in the way of what you're watching. Wall-mounting is easy, too, and the sleek black design integrates seamlessly with the rest of your Home Theater setup.Better Bluetooth®
LDAC transmits approximately three times more data (at the maximum transfer rate: 990 kbps) than conventional Bluetooth® audio for a superior wireless listening experience. 2Get connected
Enjoy higher quality audio thanks to a range of HDMI and USB connections and future-proof compatibility from copy protection, a HDR signal and lossless audio codecs.Sound that stays with youStream music throughout the house with SongPal Link
Listen to the same great song all around the house with multi-room listening, controlled via the SongPal app. Use SongPal Link to group selected Sony sound bars and speakers together, then stream music in multiple rooms.Works with Google Home
With Google Home, you can voice control Sony's audio products. You can turn up the volume, skip to the next track, or stop the music, all without lifting a finger.Easily access your music
Enjoy easy access to a wealth of music and more, thanks toChromecast built-in (previously Google Cast ) 3 and Spotify Connect.Stream with Chromecast built-in
Stream music, podcasts and radio from 100+ audio apps, including Google Play Music and more. 4Better sound quality
Just tap the Cast button to start streaming your favorite music directly from the cloud, for the best audio quality.Save your battery
Chromecast built-in makes a direct connection to the streaming service, so your smartphone battery lasts much longer than it would over Bluetooth® connection.Total listening freedom
Multitask without interruption. Play a game or take a call and the music will keep playing, even if you take your phone into another room.
- 2.1 channel system brings out the best in your movies
- Feel the full force of every movie soundtrack with this 2.1 channel sound bar. The two drivers have been carefully engineered to deliver a balanced audio response across all frequencies, while a wireless subwoofer adds more body to your bass - so every explosion and action sequence hits harder than ever before.
- S-Master digital amplifier: true sonic purity
- Enjoy the best of digital audio with the S-Master digital amplifier. Using a simplified, full digital signal path, the S-Master amplifier reproduces digital audio signals without the multiple analog stages required by conventional amplifiers. The result is not just more power, but significantly less distortion caused by heat build-up.
- Cinematic S-Force PRO Front Surround
- An immersive virtual surround sound experience. S-Force PRO Front Surround mimics the way the brain correlates sound sources to create proper volume, time lag, and sound wave spectrum - using only left and right speaker channels. By naturally emulating three-dimensional sound fields, you'll be able to enjoy rich, high-fidelity audio across a wider listening area.
- ClearAudio+ enriches your music
- Unique to Sony, ClearAudio+ automatically adjusts sound settings for an enriching listening experience. By bringing together expertise in digital signal processing technologies, ClearAudio+ is able to optimize audio formats to deliver a consistently clear, high-quality sound, whatever music you're into.
- Wireless subwoofer for flexible setup
- Add impact to movies with rich, powerful bass. Position the 15" (38 cm) wireless subwoofer anywhere in the roomto enjoy rich, resounding bass with fine low-end detail thanks to a bass-reflex port. The compact, stylish black unit blends in with any d(eback)cor.
- Unite your music with SongPal
- Download SongPal for your smartphone or tablet and take control of your music collection. Simply connect over Bluetooth(R) or Wi-Fi and you'll have seamless access to all your favorite tracks, whether they're stored on your PC, server, or favorite online music service. The app can also be used to customize sound settings to ensure great, balanced audio.
- Connect to your home network with DLNA
- Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) is an industry-wide standard for sharing data over a home network. This makes it easier to stream and transfer your favorite music, films, and pictures between your DLNA-supported devices-including TVs, PCs, portable servers, and gaming consoles.
- DSEE restores detail to your digital music
- Boost the quality of your compressed music files. When an original music source is compressed, it loses the high-frequency elements that add detail and richness to your favorite tracks. The Digital Sound Enhancement Engine (DSEE) faithfully restores these to produce high-quality sound that's closer to the original recording.
- One-touch listening to play music instantly
- NFC (Near Field Communication) technology removes the need for wired connections and complex setup sequences. Simply touch your NFC-enabled smartphone or other device to the on-body N-mark and start your music. No NFC? No problem. You can also pair the devices manually in Bluetooth(R) settings.
- Set your music free with Multi-room listening
- Fill your home with the sound of yourfavorite tracks, thanks to multi-room listening. Use the SongPal app to group selected Sony sound bars and speakers together, then stream music from a PC or your home network in multiple rooms throughout your home. It's the perfect way to enjoy your favorite songs without being tied to one room.
- Works with Google Home
- With Google Home, you can voice control Sony's audio products. With a simple voice command, you can play music from popular music services by artist, song, genre, album, playlist, mood or activity.
- The simple way to send music to your speakers
- Chromecast built-in lets you stream your favorite music apps from your personal device to your speakers. Simply tap the Cast button in a music app on your Android phone or tablet, iPhone, iPad, Mac(R), Windows laptop, or Chromebook and select a speaker or group of speakers to get started.
- Compatible with HDCP 2.2 Copy Protection
- HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) is the latest generation of copy protection. Designed primarily for Ultra HD 4K devices, it employs advanced encryption techniques to create a secure connection between source and display, preventing the unlicensed copying of copyrighted content.
- Higher quality wireless audio streaming
- LDAC transmits approximately three times more data (at the maximum transfer rate: 990 kbps) than conventional Bluetooth(R) audio, for a superior wireless listening experience
- Bluetooth(R) streaming for personal listening
- Stream audio directly from the sound bar to your headphones via Bluetooth(R) for convenient wireless listening. Compatible with high-quality LDAC and AAC codecs, the HT-CT790 is designed for personal vi
|MAIN UNIT SIZE - BODY ONLY (W X H X D)||40.55" x 2.05" x 4.96"|
|MAIN UNIT WEIGHT - BODY ONLY||2.8|
|SUBWOOFER SIZE (W X H X D)||7.48x15.04x15.20 in|
|A / V Sync||Yes (0-300 ms, 25 ms/step)|
|S-Force PRO Front Surround||Yes|
|LPCM (2CH / 5.1CH / 7.1CH) thru HDMI||Yes/Yes/Yes|
|Power Output (Total)||330 W|
|Subwoofer Type||Wireless Subwoofer|
|Enclosure Type||Acoustic suspension|
|Speaker System||Full range speaker system|
|Input and Output Terminals||Optical Input, Analog Input, USB, Ethernet|
|Bluetooth®||LDAC; AAC; SBC|
|Analog Audio Inputs||Yes|
|Optical Audio Inputs||1|
|Dolby® Dual Mono||Yes|
|Dolby TrueHD/Dolby Digital+||YES / YES|
|USB File System (FAT32, NTFS)||Yes (FAT32, NTFS, exFAT)|
|DTS||DTS, DTS-ES (MATRIX6.1 / DISCRETE6.1), DTS-HD HR, DTS-HD LBR, DTS 96 / 24, DTS HD|
|DTS HD Master Audio||Yes|
|Dolby||Dolby Digital+, Dolby® Digital, Dolby® Dual Mono, Dolby® TrueHD|
|Sound Mode||ClearAudio+, Game Studio, Sports, Movie, Music, Standard|
|4K HDR HDMI Pass Thru||Yes|
|1080 / 24p||Yes|
|BRAVIA® SYNC (CEC Control)||Yes|
|3D-capable HDMI Pass Thru||YES||Deep Color||Yes|
|Wi-Fi® Built in||Yes|
|Music Services||Chromecast built-in; Spotify Connect|
|Power Consumption||BAR42W / SW25W|
|Power Consumption (Off Mode)||not available|
|Power Consumption (Standby Mode)||0.4 W|
|Power Consumption (Networked Standby Mode) - Terminals||5.2W (Ethernet)/5.9W (Wi-Fi)/1.8W (Bluetooth®)/6.0W (all terminals and networks connected*) *Wired connections automatically deactivate wireless connections.|
|Standby Mode Activated||Yes|
|Networked Standby Mode Activated - Terminals||After 20 minutes (Ethernet)/20 minutes (Wi-Fi®)/20 minutes (Bluetooth®)|
|Wireless Network(s) On/Off Switch||To switch off Wi-Fi, change internet connect setting to wired. Connect to TV by HDMI, and press HOME Button Setup Network Settings Internet Settings Wired Setup ( follow the dialog ) Save & Connect To switch on/off Bluetooth, Connect to TV by HDMI, and press HOME Button Setup Bluetooth Settings Bluetooth Mode Select Off / Receiver / Transmitter|