Enjoy the subtlest nuances of studio-quality sound in higher than CD quality with High-Resolution Audio. Passion for music unites every component from signal to speaker so it feels like the artist is performing right in front of you.Crafted for premium sound
Explore new depth and fine detail in every song and movie soundtrack with the HT-NT5's host of specialized audio components and High-Resolution Audio technologies.Be surrounded by sound
Our virtual surround sound technology puts you right at the heart of the movies you love by emulating rich, three-dimensional sound fields you can lose yourself in.What is High-Resolution Audio?
Like going from standard definition to HD video, High-Resolution Audio tracks are far higher quality than MP3s and even CDs, letting you hear every breath, every drumbeat, every note.DSEE HX upscaling
Hear everything in the detail of the original recording. DSEE HX delivers studio-quality sound by restoring subtleties lost in the compression process.Connect to everythingHDMI, USB, and optical ports
Now you can enjoy high-quality audio for everything you listen to, thanks to 3x HDMI inputs, 1x HDMI output, USB, digital and analog connections.HDR compatible
A HDR signal delivers exceptional detail, color and contrast with a far wider range of brightness than other video formats.HDCP 2.2
The HT-NT5 is compatible with HDCP 2.2 copy protection, so you're ready for future 4K formats.Made to match your TV
The HT-NT5's low profile design won't obscure your view and can be easily wall-mounted, while smart speaker control optimizes your sound for either setting. It's fully 4K compatible too, so you can enjoy a lifelike picture alongside authenticsound.Elegant placement
Wall-mounted, the elegant design looks at home beneath your TV.Low-profile design
Placed on a surface, the sound bar's compact body doesn't get in the way of what you're watching.Sound that stays with youStream music throughout the house with SongPal Link
Listen to the same great song all around the house with multi-room listening, controlled via the SongPal app. Use SongPal Link to group selected Sony sound bars and speakers together, then stream music in multiple rooms.Works with Google Home
With Google Home, you can voice control Sony's audio products. You can turn up the volume, skip to the next track, or stop the music, all without lifting a finger.Easily access your music
Enjoy easy access to a wealth of music and more, thanks to Chromecast built-in (previously Google Cast ) and Spotify Connect.Chromecast built-in
Stream music, online radio, and podcasts from your smartphone, tablet, or laptop to your audio device. Just tap the Cast button.Spotify Connect
Play Spotify through your audio device using the Spotify app as a remote.Stream with Chromecast built-in
Stream music, podcasts and radio from 100+ audio apps, including Google Play Music and more.Better sound quality
Just tap the Cast button to start streaming your favorite music directly from the cloud, for the best audio quality.Save your battery
Chromecast built-in makes a direct connection to the streaming service, so your smartphone battery lasts much longer than it would over Bluetooth® connection.Total listening freedom
Multitask without interruption. Play a game or take a call and the music will keep playing, even if you take your phone into another room.Features
- High-Resolution Audio for uncompromising sound
- Experience digital music to the fullest with High-Resolution Audio. By capturing music at a higher rate than CD, increasing both audio samples per second and the bit-rate accuracy of each sample, High-Resolution Audio offers an uncompromised rendition of an artists' music. Savor every breath and subtle movement for a truly emotional experience.
- Direct Stream Digital (DSD) playback for High-Resolution Audio
- Enjoy studio-quality sound, thanks to the Direct Stream Digital (DSD) audio codec - designed specifically for High-Resolution Audio. This 1-bit format utilizes a stream of very high frequency 1s and 0s to recreate audio waveforms at a higher resolution than conventional codecs. The result is clearer, crisper, High-Resolution Audio quality.
- Discrete 6-channel S-Master HX amplification
- Enjoy the best High-Resolution Audio experience with the S-Master HX digital amplifier. Using a simplified and fully digital signal path, S-Master HX reproduces the subtleties and wide frequency range of high-resolution formats. Unlike conventional amplifiers, it maintains the digital signal until right before the speaker output, eliminating distortion - for High-Resolution Audio, just as the artist intended.
- DSEE HX restores your music files
- Go beyond CD quality. DSEE HX builds on our proprietary DSEE technology, upscaling compressed audio files to a level that's closer to High-Resolution Audio. By restoring the subtleties of the original recording that are lost during the compression process, DSEE HX delivers a rich, studio-quality audio experience for all your music.
- Cinematic S-Force PRO Front Surround
- An immersive virtual surround sound experience. S-Force PRO Front Surround mimics the way the brain correlates sound sources to create proper volume, time lag, and sound wave spectrum - using only left and right speaker channels. By naturally emulating three-dimensional sound fields, you'll be able to enjoy rich, high-fidelity audio across a wider listening area.
- ClearAudio+ enriches your music
- Unique to Sony, ClearAudio+ automatically adjusts sound settings for an enriching listening experience. By bringing together expertise in digital signal processing technologies, ClearAudio+ is able to optimize audio formats to deliver a consistently clear, high-quality sound, whatever music you're into.
- Ultra-slim design for minimum intrusion
- At only 2.5" (6.4cm) tall, the ultra-slim premium finish is designed to fit simply in front of your TV without blocking the screen or interfering with IR receivers. Its sleek profile also lends itself well to a number of wall mounting options.
- Connect to your home network with DLNA
- Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) is an industry-wide standard for sharing data over a home network. This makes it easier to stream and transfer your favorite music and pictures between your DLNA-supported devices - including TVs, PCs, portable servers and gaming consoles.
- Wireless subwoofer for flexible setup
- Add impact to movies with rich, powerful bass. Position the 15" (38 cm) wireless subwoofer anywhere in the room to enjoy rich, resounding bass with fine low-end detail thanks to a bass-reflex port. The compact, stylish black unit blends in with any d(eback)cor.
- Unite your music with SongPal
- Download SongPal for your smartphone or tablet and take control of your music collection. Simply connect over Bluetooth or Wi-Fi(R) and you'll have seamless access to all your favorite tracks, whether they're stored on your PC, server, or favorite online music service. The app can also be used to customize sound settings to ensure great, balanced audio.
- Works with Google Home
- With Google Home, you can voice control Sony's audio products. With a simple voice command, you can play music from popular music services by artist, song, genre, album, playlist, mood or activity.
- The simple way to send music to your speakers
- Chromecast built-in lets you stream your favorite music apps from your personal device to your speakers. Simply tap the Cast button in a music app on your Android phone or tablet, iPhone, iPad, Mac(R), Windows laptop, or Chromebook and select a speaker or group of speakers to get started.
- Set your music free with Multi-room listening
- Fill your home with the sound of your favorite tracks, thanks to multi-room listening. Use the SongPal app to group selected Sony sound bars and speakers together, then stream music from a PC or your home network in multiple rooms throughout your home. It's the perfect way to enjoy your favorite songs without being tied to one room.
- One-touch listening to play music instantly
- NFC (Near Field Communication) technology removes the need for wired connections and complex setup sequences. Simply touch your NFC-enabled smartphone or other device to the on-body N-mark and start your music. No NFC? No problem. You can also pair the devices manually in Bluetooth(R) settings.
- Bluetooth(R) streaming for personal liste
|MAIN UNIT SIZE - BODY ONLY (W X H X D)||42.51" x 2.28" x 5.00"|
|MAIN UNIT WEIGHT - BODY ONLY||3.2|
|SUBWOOFER SIZE (W X H X D)||7.48x15.04x15.20 in|
|A / V Sync||Yes (0-300 ms, 25 ms/step)|
|S-Force PRO Front Surround||Yes|
|LPCM (2CH / 5.1CH / 7.1CH) thru HDMI||Yes/Yes/Yes|
|Power Output (Total)||400 W|
|Subwoofer Type||Wireless Subwoofer|
|Input and Output Terminals||Optical Input, Analog Input, USB, Ethernet|
|Bluetooth®||LDAC; AAC; SBC|
|Analog Audio Inputs||Yes (not inc TV CEC)|
|Dolby® Dual Mono||Yes|
|Dolby® Prologic II||Yes|
|Dolby TrueHD/Dolby Digital+||Yes|
|USB File System (FAT32, NTFS)||Yes (FAT32, NTFS, exFAT)|
|DTS HD Master Audio||Yes|
|Dolby||Dolby Digital+, Dolby® Digital, Dolby® Dual Mono, Dolby® TrueHD|
|Sound Mode||ClearAudio+, Game Studio, Sports, Movie, Music, Standard|
|4K HDR HDMI Pass Thru||Yes|
|1080 / 24p||Yes|
|BRAVIA® SYNC (CEC Control)||Yes|
|3D-capable HDMI Pass Thru||YES|
|Wi-Fi® Built in||Yes (2.4 GHz/5 GHz) 11 a/b/g/n|
|Music Services||Chromecast built-in; Spotify Connect|
|Power Consumption||BAR 50 W/SW 25 W|
|Power Consumption (Off Mode)||not available|
|Power Consumption (Standby Mode)||0.4 W|
|Power Consumption (Networked Standby Mode) - Terminals||5.3W (Ethernet)/6W (Wi-Fi)/1.6W (Bluetooth®)/6.1W (all terminals and networks connected*) *Wired connections automatically deactivate wireless connections.|
|Standby Mode Activated||Yes|
|Networked Standby Mode Activated - Terminals||After 20 minutes (Ethernet)/20 minutes (Wi-Fi®)/20 minutes (Bluetooth®)|
|Wireless Network(s) On/Off Switch||"To switch off Wi-Fi®, change internet connection setting to wired. Connect to TV by HDMI, and press HOME Button Setup Network Settings Internet Settings Wired Setup ( follow the dialog ) Save & Connect To switch on/off Bluetooth, Connect to TV by HDMI, and press HOME Button Setup Bluetooth Settings Bluetooth Mode Select Off / Receiver / Transmitter|