Experience every movie and playlist in room-filling sound with this TV base speaker. With powerful lows from an integrated subwoofer and the option to connect wirelessly to extra speakers and streaming services via Wi-Fi® or Bluetooth®, you can enjoy great sound all around your house.170 W total power output
Turn it up and hear everything with a 170 W rated power output.2.1 channel surround sound
Woofers and tweeters at each end of your TV base speaker deliver rumbling lows and soaring highs over a wide listening area.Wireless audio
Wirelessly connect to your home network and Internet music streaming with built-in Wi-Fi®, or use Bluetooth® to stream audio from your smartphone or tablet.Hear more of everything
Give every song, movie and TV show the quality it deserves. The HT-XT2 has an integrated subwoofer for resounding bass, while 2-way speakers combine woofer and tweeter for full-frequency audio.Be surrounded by soundS-Force PRO Front Surround
Our virtual surround sound technology puts you right at the heart of the movies you love by emulating theater-style surround sound.Made to match your TV
This compact base speaker can support TVs up to 55" (140 cm). Its smooth, clear finish integrates seamlessly with your TV and the rest of your Home Theater setup.Get connectedHDMI, USB, and digital ports
Now you can enjoy high-quality audio for everything you listen to, thanks to HDMI ARC, USB, and digital connections.Better Bluetooth®
LDAC transmits approximately three times more data (at the maximum transfer rate: 990 kbps) than conventional Bluetooth® audio, for a superior wireless listening experience.Sound that stays with youStream music throughout the house with SongPal Link
Listen to the same great song all around the house with multi-room listening, controlled via the SongPal app. Use SongPal Link to group selected Sony sound bars and speakers together, then stream music in multiple rooms.Works with Google Home
With Google Home, you can voice control Sony's audio products. You can turn up the volume, skip to the next track, or stop the music, all without lifting a finger.Easily access your music
Enjoy easy access to a wealth of music and more, thanks to Chromecast built-in (previously Google CastTM) and Spotify Connect.Chromecast built-in
Stream music, online radio, and podcasts from your smartphone, tablet, or laptop to your audio device. Just tap the Cast button.Spotify Connect
Play Spotify through your audio device using the Spotify app as a remote.Stream with Chromecast built-in
Stream music, podcasts and radio from 100+ audio apps, including Google PlayTM Music and more.Better sound quality
Just tap the Cast button to start streaming your favorite music directly from the cloud, for the best audio quality.Save your battery
Chromecast built-in makes a direct connection to the streaming service, so your smartphone battery lasts much longer than it would over Bluetooth® connection.Total listening freedom
Multitask without interruption. Play a game or take a call and the music will keep playing, even if you take your phone into another room.
- 2.1 channel system brings out the best in your movies
- Feel the full force of every movie soundtrack with this 2.1 channel speaker system. The coaxial drivers have been carefully engineered to deliver a balanced audio response across all frequencies, while the built-in subwoofers add more body to your bass - so every explosion and action sequence hits harder than ever before.
- Cinematic S-Force PRO Front Surround
- An immersive virtual surround sound experience. S-Force PRO Front Surround mimics the way the brain correlates sound sources to create proper volume, time lag, and sound wave spectrum - using only left and right speaker channels. By naturally emulating three-dimensional sound fields, you'll be able to enjoy rich, high-fidelity audio across a wider listening area.
- DSEE restores detail to your digital music
- Boost the quality of your compressed music files. When an original music source is compressed, it loses the high-frequency elements that add detail and richness to your favorite tracks. The Digital Sound Enhancement Engine (DSEE) faithfully restores these to produce high-quality sound that's closer to the original recording.
- S-Master digital amplifier
- Enjoy the best of digital audio with the S-Master digital amplifier. Using a simplified, full digital signal path, the S-Master amplifier reproduces digital audio signals without the multiple analog stages required by conventional amplifiers. The result is not just more power, but significantly less distortion caused by heat build-up.
- Built-in Wi-Fi(R) for simple streaming
- With built-in Wi-Fi(R), you'll be able to browse and play music and movies from your smartphone, tablet and laptop by connecting to your home network. Alternatively, stream popular online music services right from the TV base speaker - no other devices required.
- ClearAudio+ enriches your music
- Unique to Sony, ClearAudio+ automatically adjusts sound settings for an enriching listening experience. By bringing together expertise in digital signal processing technologies, ClearAudio+ is able to optimize audio formats to deliver a consistently clear, high-quality sound, whatever music you're into.
- Simplify your sound setup with HDMI ARC output
- The HDMI ARC (Audio Return Channel) means audio is also carried back to your soundbar from compatible TVs, without the need for an extra audio cable. Every device connected to your TV can now be heard through the multi bar, so you can hear all of your audio in high quality.
- Higher quality wireless audio streaming
- LDAC transmits approximately three times more data (at the maximum transfer rate: 990 kbps) than conventional Bluetooth(R) audio, for a superior wireless listening experience
- One-touch listening to play music instantly
- NFC (Near Field Communication) technology removes the need for wired connections and complex setup sequences. Simply touch your NFC-enabled smartphone or other device* to the on-body N-mark and start your music. No NFC? No problem. You can also pair the devices manually in Bluetooth(R) settings.
- USB connectivity lets you plug-and-play
- Connect your smartphone, tablet, MP3 player or USB stick to the USB port to hear your favorite playlists.
- Optical input for easy connection
- Use an optical cable to link up toyour TV, DVD or Blu-ray DiscTM player, or connect your choice of music player via the analog input for great sounding audio.
- Works with Google Home
- With Google Home, you can voice control Sony's audio products. With a simple voice command, you can play music from popular music services by artist, song, genre, album, playlist, mood or activity.
- The simple way to send music to your speakers
- Chromecast built-in lets you stream your favorite music apps from your personal device to your speakers. Simply tap the Cast button in a music app on your Android phone or tablet, iPhone, iPad, Mac(R), Windows laptop, or Chromebook and select a speaker or group of speakers to get started.
- All-in-one sound solution
- The simple design of this TV base speaker gives you optimal audio output in a compact body. It comes with an integrated subwoofer for dynamic bass capabilities, bringing more power to your movie soundtracks.
|Size & Weight|
|Main Unit Size ™ Body Only (W x H x D) (in)||720 x 80 x 325|
|Main Unit Weight ™ Body Only||8.5 kg|
|A / V Sync||Yes (0-300 ms, 25 ms/step)|
|S-Force PRO Front Surround||Yes|
|LPCM (2CH / 5.1CH / 7.1CH) thru HDMI||Yes / - / -|
|Power Output (Total)||170 W|
|Subwoofer Type||Built-in Subwoofer|
|Enclosure Type||Bass Reflex|
|Subwoofer Driver||4.72" cone|
|Input and Output Terminals||Optical Input, USB, Ethernet|
|Bluetooth®||LDAC; AAC; SBC|
|Dolby® Dual Mono||Yes|
|USB File System (FAT32, NTFS)||Yes (FAT32, NTFS, exFAT)|
|Dolby||Dolby® Digital, Dolby® Dual Mono|
|BRAVIA® SYNCTM (CEC Control)||Yes|
|Wi-Fi® Built in||Yes|
|Music Services||Google Cast; Spotify Connect|
|Power Consumption||40 W|
|Eco and energy saving|
|Power Consumption (Off Mode)||not available|
|Power Consumption (Standby Mode)||0.3 W|
|Power Consumption (Networked Standby Mode) ™ Terminals||5.6 W (Ethernet)/5.7 W (Wi-Fi®)/2.3 W (Bluetooth®)/5.7 W (all terminals and networks connected*) *Wired connections automatically deactivate wireless connections.|
|Networked Standby Mode Activated ™ Terminals||After 20 minutes (Ethernet)/20 minutes (Wi-Fi®)/20 minutes (Bluetooth®)|
|Wireless Network(s) On/Off Switch||To make Wi-Fi OFF, Press HOME, select [Setup] - [Network Settings] - [Internet settings] - [Wired Setup] Then, Press HOME, select [Setup] - [System Settings] - [Quick Start / Network Standby] - [Off] To switch ON/OFF Bluetooth, Press HOME, select [Setup] - [Bluetooth Settings] - [Bluetooth Mode] - Select [Off ] or [Receiver] or [Transmitter]|