"There's no mistaking Sony's penchant for detail," Sony PS-HX500, What Hi-Fi?, May 2016The Way The Artists Truly Intended
Enjoy the subtlest nuances of studio-quality sound in higher than CD quality with High-Resolution Audio. Passion for music unites every component from signal to speaker so it feels like the artist is performing right in front of you.Digitally captures analog in its purest formTurntable for playing vinyl and recording in High-Resolution
Breathe new life into analog masterpieces with DSD. Just hook up the PS-HX500 turntable to your PC via USB, play a record, and capture every aspect of the vinyl with DSD 5.6 MHz native conversion. Convert your precious vinyl collection into High-Resolution Audio, take it out for a walk with your Walkman®, or just sit back and enjoy playing your vinyl originals.USB Digital Output
Connect the turntable to a PC to rip your favorite tracks to music files.Built-in Phono EQ
Supports both phono and line output so you can play through integrated amp or external phono EQ.Vinyl goes portable in High-Resolution AudioConvert your records to high quality digital music files
The PS-HX500 is equipped with a high-quality A/D converter. So just connect it to your PC with a USB cable and record your vinyl as High-Resolution Audio tracks. This is a great way to backup your precious vinyl collection, or even take tracks outdoors with you on your Walkman®.Get your records ready to goThe goodness of vinyl, without the bulk
The authentic sound of vinyl, with all its warmth and smoothness, can be enjoyed anytime and anywhere with digital convenience-at home, outdoors, and in your car.Transfer to Walkman® and get going
DSD filesyou've recorded can be transferred to a compatible Walkman® to be enjoyed outdoors. Carry that authentic analog sound with you any time, anywhere.Take them for a spin
DSD files you've recorded from vinyl can be saved to a USB memory device. Just plug it into your car audio system and listen to your vinyl favorites on the road.Advanced features do the heavy lifting
Simply connect the PS-HX500 to a PC's USB port and convert your vinyl tracks into high quality digital ones. The supplied PC application lets you rip, edit and store tracks from your vinyl records.DSD Native AD converter
The internal A/D converter supports native conversion from analog to DSD 2.8 MHz or 5.6 MHz digital."Hi-Res Audio Recorder" free app for PC
Editing app for Windows and Mac OS X® lets you easily cut unwanted parts of the recording and split tracks.DSD for reproduction that's truer to the source
DSD file format reproduces the subtlest nuances of sound, including the ambience of the performance. This purity makes it an ideal way to capture and play back the warm expression of vinyl.High-Resolution Audio file formats
In addition to DSD-recorded DSF files, recording and playback of PCM-recorded WAV files is also supported.Relive the master performances right awayIntegrate it into your high-quality audio system
Connecting the PS-HX500 with a high-quality audio component system enables you to enjoy all your vinyl with all the raw realism they can offer.Sound technologies for analog enjoyment
Enjoy all the smooth and warm sound expressions your vinyl is capable of; the PS-HX500 is equipped with the high-quality audio technology to make it possible.Newly designed integrated shell type straight tonearm
The integrated shell improv
- High Resolution Audio
- From source to speaker, Sony has brought together an array of technologies for the ultimate audio experience. For High-Resolution Audio files, the digital amp and specialized tweeters reproduce every subtlety, so you can hear each note as the artist intended.
- USB turntable with High-Resolution recording
- Breathe new life into analog masterpieces with DSD. Just hook up the PS-HX500 turntable to your PC via USB, play a record, and capture every essence of the vinyl with DSD 5.6 MHz native conversion. Now you can archive your precious vinyl collection to a music server, or take it out for a walk with your Walkman(R). Combined with a high quality component system, this turntable also lets you enjoy an authentic delivery of your vinyls. Let the PS-HX500 turn your vinyls into a valuable source of High-Resolution Audio.
- Built-in USB Digital Output
- Simply connect the turntable to a PC and rip your favorite vinyl tracks to music files.
- Vinyl lives forever in High-Resolution Audio
- The PS-HX500 is equipped with a high-quality A/D converter. So just connect it to your PC with a USB cable and record your vinyl as High-Resolution Audio tracks (up to DSD 5.6 MHz or PCM 192 kHz/24 bit quality). This is a great way to backup your precious vinyl collection, or even take tracks outdoors with you on your Walkman(R). Enjoy the smooth, natural, warm sound of analog masterpieces with all the quality they deserve, anywhere you are.
- Built-in Phono EQ
- Internal phono EQ amp lets you switch between Line and Phono output so you can play through integrated amp or external phono EQ.
- LP/EP record playback
- Two-speed turntable operates at 33-1/3 and 45 rpm so you can enjoy LP albums and EP singles.
- Get your records ready to go
- The authentic sound of vinyl, with all its warmth and smoothness, can be enjoyed anytime and anywhere with digital convenience-at home, outdoors, and in your car.
- Take them for a spin
- Rip the tracks on your vinyl records to a PC as DSD data, and then copy them to a USB memory device that can be played on a car audio system. Your favorite tunes from vinyl will be free to accompany you on your next drive.
- Transfer to Walkman(R) and get going
- Rip the tracks on your vinyl records to a PC as DSD data, and then transfer them to your Walkman(R). You'll be able to carry your favorite masterpieces with you for anytime anywhere enjoyment.
- Store your collection on HDD
- Just rip the tracks on your vinyl records to a PC as DSD data, and then transfer them to a HDD player. High-capacity storage makes it possible for you to convert a cluttered room full of vinyl into a spacious room filled with music, with instant access and without the bulk.
- DSD Native AD converter
- The internal A/D converter supports native conversion from analog to DSD 2.8 MHz or 5.6 MHz digital.
- "Hi-Res Audio Recorder" app
- Editing app for Windows and Mac OS X(R) lets you cut unwanted parts of the recording and split tracks.
- DSD (Direct Stream Digital)
- Co-developed for High-Resolution Audio by Sony and Philips, the companies behind the original CD format, DSD (Direct Stream Digital) offers a revolutionary way of capturing and playing back audio. Unlike the conventional PCM format, a 1-bit DSD audio stream more closely represents the nature of an analog audio waveform. The result is all the advantages of digital audio, including a frequency response in excess of 100 kHz, and ample dynamic range, but with the natural sound of an analog recording. The far less complex capture and decoding process results in audio with an immense sense of space and ultimate representation of an artist's original vision.
- Integrate it into your high-quality audio system
- Connecting the PS-HX500 with a high-quality audio component system enables you to enjoy all your vinyl with all the raw realism they can offer.
- High-Resolution Audio file formats
- In addition to DSD-recorded DSF files, recording and playback of PCM-recorded WAV files is also supported.
- Highly stable belt drive system
- The optimized shape of the drive pulley stabilizes the belt drive for natural sound reproduction.
- Newly designed high sound quality rubber mat
- The new design has a thickness of 0.20 inch, which is the highest level in its class. Excellent adherence to the record's surface to minimize unnecessary resonance.
- Newly designed integrated shell type tonearm
- The tonearm's integrated shell design improves durability and stabilizes the cartridge to deliver superior focusing and dimensionality of sound. The shell's lightweight structure helps to optimize the lowest resonance frequency and improve traceability of low frequencies, while its rounded shape helps deliver pure sound untainted by sound characterization. The straight tonearm precisely balances the stylus, with no arm torque to affect stereo balance
|Turntable Speed||33 1/3 r/min, 45 r/min|
|USB Out||B type|
|Power Requirements||120V 60Hz|