- The Way The Artists Truly Intended
- Enjoy the subtlest nuances of studio-quality sound in higher than CD quality with High-Resolution Audio. Passion for music unites every component from signal to speaker so it feels like the artist is performing right in front of you.
- Discover Dolby Atmos(R)
- Dolby Atmos(R) delivers breathtaking realism with 360(degree) surround sound, accurately positioning sound within your environment so that the 7.1.2 speaker channels (including Phantom Surround Back) completely envelop you in sound-even from above.
- Discover DTS:X
- DTS:X decoding delivers multi-dimensional surround sound that adapts to your speaker configuration in real time. Sounds can be positioned precisely around and above you thanks to 9 speaker channels (including Phantom Surround Back speakers) and object-based audio decoding
- Flexible speaker solutions
- Sony's flexible speaker solutions 'relocate' sound to simulate the optimal position and angle for the best audio experience, working around any physical space restrictions.
- Phantom Surround Back
- The Phantom Surround Back speaker setting replicates the immersive sound of physical Surround Back speakers, enabling you to enjoy a 7 channel surround sound experience with only a 5 channel speaker setup.
- Virtual surround with S-Force Pro Front Surround
- Ideal for smaller rooms, S-Force PRO Front Surround delivers a virtual surround acoustic field using only 2 speakers. No need to place rear speakers behind you.
- Seamless auto-calibration
- Combining auto-calibration technology with virtual speaker relocation, DCAC EX automatically optimizes speaker frequencies, phases, and delays to deliver a sound field perfectly suited to your room.
- Enjoy consistent 4K quality
- Maintain 4K quality from source to screen-the 4K pass-through feature allows data to pass through the receiver without compromising image quality, and is HDCP 2.2-compatible.
- See clearly with High Dynamic Range
- By supporting High Dynamic Range (HDR) signal pass-through, you can enjoy the incredible jump in image contrast and brightness it brings-and the additional shadow detail and highlights further enhance picture detail and bring colors to life.
- DSD native playback
- Co-developed for High-Resolution Audio by Sony and Philips, the companies behind the original CD format, DSD offers a revolutionary way of capturing and playing back audio. Its sampling frequency is 128 times that of CD, and it offers 8 times the data volume of CD to take audio to a whole new level. Totally different from PCM format, DSD uses a pulse-density modulation encoding method to store audio, expressing sound through the pulse intensity of a 1-bit digital audio stream that more closely represents the nature of an analog audio waveform. This enables the delivery of warm, natural analog-like sound coupled with the digital advantages of wide dynamic range and frequency response surpassing 100 kHz. Since the STR-DN1070 supports DSD (Direct Stream Digital) native playback, there is no conversion involved so DSD content can be fully enjoyed without losing any of its original purity.
- High-Resolution Audio file formats
- The STR-DN1080 supports a wide variety of High-Resolution Audio formats, including both DSD and Linear PCM. What'smore, playback is possible with USB and DLNA connectivity, and multichannel capabilities let you incorporate the high-quality sound into an immersive surround system.
- DSEE HX upscaling
- DSEE HX technology upscales your existing music to near high-resolution sound quality, and makes you feel as if you are really there at the recording studio or concert.
- Chromecast built-in
- Cast music, podcasts, and radio from 100+ audio apps, including Google Play Music and more from your smartphone, tablet, or laptop to your audio device. Just tap the Cast button.
- Spotify Connect
- Play Spotify through your audio device using the Spotify app as a remote.
- Six HDMI inputs and two outputs
- With six HDMI inputs and two HDMI outputs-including one dedicated second-zone HDMI output-there's space for your current equipment and scope to expand.
- DSD native playback via DLNA, HDMI, or USB
- Play DSD through DLNA network-connected devices, or connected to USB with support for up to 24 bit/192 kHz High-Resolution Audio playback.
- LDAC : for the transmission of High-Resolution Audio content
- LDAC transmits approximately three times more data (at the maximum transfer rate: 990 kbps) than conventional Bluetooth(R) Audio, which allows you to enjoy High-Resolution Audio content in exceptional sound quality near to High-Resolution Audio.
- Touch, connect, and play
- Enjoy simple wireless listening with One-touch NFC. Just touch a compatible smartphone to receiver for Bluetooth(R) audio.
- AirPlay audio
- Enjoy music from AirPlay-enabl
|Number of Amp. Channels||7ch|
|Number of Decodable Channels||7ch + Phantom 2ch|
|Power Output||165 W (6 ohms, 1 kHz, 1ch driven THD 0.9%)|
|Sound Field||2ch Stereo, Direct, Multi Ch Stereo, Dolby® Surround, Neural: X, Front Surround, Audio Enhancer, Headphone 2ch|
|HDR (High Dynamic Range)||Yes|
|Audio Return Channel||Yes|
|HDMI® Pass Through||Yes|
|3D over HDMI||Yes|
|4K 60p 4:4:4 Support||Yes (except VIDEO1 input)|
|A/V SYNC||Yes (Variable)|
|BRAVIA® SYNC (CEC Control)||Yes (One-Touch Play, System Audio Control, System Power Off)|
|Sound Enhancement Technologies||DSD Native Playback, DSEE HX, Pure Direct, Sound Optimizer, Center Speaker Lift Up, Digital Legato Linear, In-Ceiling Speaker Mode|
|Calibration Features||DCAC EX; Speaker Relocation; Phantom Surround Back; Automatic Phase Matching; Calibration Mic (Stereo)|
|Preset Channel (FM/AM)||TTL30 (30/-)|
|HDMI supporting HDCP2.2 In/Out||6/2|
|Input and Output Terminals||Audio Input Opt (1); Audio Input Coax (1); Analog Audio Input (4); Pre Out Subwoofer (2); Composite Monitor Out (1); Headphone Output (1); USB (1 Front); Ethernet Port (1)|
|Speaker Output Terminals||Front A, Center, Surround, Surround Back, Zone2 (Common with Surround Back), Height (Common with Surround Back), Front B (Common with Surround Back), Bi-AMP (Common with Surround Back)|
|Decoding Format for HDMI||DSD, LCPM, Dolby Atmos®, Dolby® Digital, Dolby® Dual Mono, DTS: X, DTS HD MA, DTS HD HR, DTS, DTS-ES (Matrix6.1/Discrete6.1), DTS 96/24|
|Hi-Res Format||DSDIFF (DSD): Up to 5.6 MHz 5.1ch, DSF: Up to 5.6 MHz 5.1ch, WAV (LCPM): Up to 192 kHz/24 bit 7.1ch, AIFF (LCPM): Up to 192 kHz/24 bit 5.1ch, FLAC: Up to 192 kHz/24 bit 5.1ch, ALAC: Up to 192 kHz/24 bit 5.1ch|
|Other Format||[MP3].MP3, [AAC/HE-AAC].m4a, .AAC, [WMA9 Standard].WMA|
|Network features||Bluetooth® Receiver, Bluetooth® Transmitter, NFC, Wi-Fi®, AirPlay, Mobile Control Application, Wireless Multi-Room|
|Zone2 Audio||Speaker (Variable) / Line (Variable, Fixed)|
|IR Repeat (In/Out)||Yes (1/1)|
|GUI (Graphical User Interface)||YES (Only through HDMI)|
|Power Requirement||120V 60Hz|
|Dimensions (W x H x D in)||430 x 156 x 331|
|Weight (lb)||20 lb 1oz (9.1kg)|
Be the first to review this product.