Preparing for Delivery and Measuring Your Space.
We want to ensure a successful delivery of your purchased items.
Please read over these general and product specific guidelines, for a smooth delivery experience.
*Covid-19 protocols apply – masks need to be worn by all people in the home, during the entire time the delivery/installation team is present.
NOTE: It is the homeowner's responsibility to confirm the home has the proper gas, electrical, water supply lines and shutoff valves required in these guidelines for appliances.
Before we arrive at your residence:
- Make sure a responsible adult, 18 years or older, will be present during delivery.
- Re-check your order to ensure all products and services are listed
- Confirm delivery address, installation and haul-away on the order
- Communicate all delivery details – Gate-guarded community, steep hill, narrow street, access codes, any truck-size restrictions, stairs (how many), and narrow doors to you sales associate.
- Measure to ensure product size can fit through main path / doorways
- Provide a clear path from the street to the residence entrance, and the home has an accessible walkway (move furniture, toys, etc.).
- Haul-away items - If you have product being removed from your home, please ensure all items are clean (food, pots, pans, etc) and ready for removal. Once a product has been removed from your home it cannot be returned.
- Have all pets secured/contained away from the access path and work area(s).
Our delivery team will:
- Visually inspect the items to make sure there's no damage. If you see damage, please note the damage on the tablet before your sign, and contact your product specialist to report the damage.
- Connect new appliance(s) to existing home utilities and test for proper operation. Perform appliance connection tests when the required gas, water supply lines & venting connections are present and operational in the home (utility shutoff needs to be within 3 ft. of the appliance and on the same floor level).
- Remove all packaging materials from your home.
- Either remove the appliance or item being replaced from the delivery premises (haul-away), or relocate the appliance to a garage. Move 1 item per each like item delivered (Haul-way charge applies).
- Install your range with an anti-tip device
For your safety, our team cannot:
- Remove their shoes, but will act with due care to protect your home and merchandise. Booties will be worn upon request.
- Lift or hoist merchandise over banisters, countertops or other obstructions, or through windows to complete a delivery.
- Relocate used appliances to a different address or reconnect relocated, used appliances to the home's utilities.
- Perform carpentry, electrical or plumbing work.