5 Signs You May Soon Need a New Refrigerator
February 24, 2023
There is nothing more stressful than having to find a new kitchen appliance in a hurry. We can’t always anticipate when our appliances will need to be repaired or replaced, but there are often early warning signs that can point to potential issues to come.
There can be many reasons that you need a new refrigerator, but here are five of the most common telltale signs that you may need a new model soon.
5 Signs You May Soon Need A New Refrigerator
- Age. The biggest reason we see customers purchasing a new refrigerator is when their current model is more than 10 years old. Older appliances are more likely to break down and cost more to run. Investing in a new, energy-efficient refrigerator can save you money and lower your electric bill in the long run.
- Spoiling Food. Food may be spoiling sooner than the best buy or expiration dates on their labels or you may notice that your produce isn’t lasting as long. These can all be signs that your refrigerator isn’t running at its best and more issues are likely to come.
- Noisy. If you notice that your refrigerator’s motor runs more frequently than it used to or it has become very loud, this is a common sign that larger issues are soon to follow.
- Increased Heat. If the back of the fridge is letting off a lot more heat than it used to, this can signal that your refrigerator’s motor is running hot and may soon need to be serviced.
- Cool Air Escaping. If your refrigerator’s door seals have begun to break down and you can feel cool air escaping the refrigerator this can also signal that other parts of your refrigerator are also wearing down from age and use.
Our Top Refrigerator Recommendations
If you are ready to get ahead of the game and start shopping for a new refrigerator, we’re here to make the process easier for you. Howard’s helpful Refrigerator Buying Guide can help you narrow down the type of refrigerator or different features you want to prioritize in your selection.
We have also narrowed down the selection for you with three of our favorite models that we recommend considering.
Whirlpool 36-Inch-Wide French Door Refrigerator
This 27 cubic foot Whirlpool Refrigerator is a freestanding stainless steel refrigerator that features a built-in ice maker and water dispenser. This French-door refrigerator with a bottom freezer keeps your fresh food easily accessible and boasts countless amazing features we know you’ll love.
- Platter Pocket. This space is designed to keep things such as brownie pans, lasagna, and even pizza boxes tucked away and free from stacking.
- Spillproof Glass Shelves. The shelves in this refrigerator contain spills making clean-up much easier.
- LED Interior Lighting. Ample light is cast in the refrigerator so you can see your food easily.
- +3Pizza Pocket. Upright storage in the freezer designed specifically with frozen pizzas in mind.
LG French Door Refrigerator
This LG refrigerator is a 22 cu. ft. French Door Refrigerator with a bottom freezer. The refrigerator comes in a flawless stainless steel finish and includes these unique features:
- Smart Cooling® System. This high-end cooling system is designed to provide superior conditions within the refrigerator and feed your food fresh for longer.
- Smart Pull®. Smart Pull® handles make access simple and easy.
- Humidity Controlled Crispers. Keep your fruits and veggies at the correct humidity levels for prolonged life.
Samsung Large Capacity Side-by-Side Refrigerator
If you need a large-capacity refrigerator, this Samsung Refrigerator is one of our top recommendations. This fridge features Samsung’s Touch Screen Family Hub™ in a stainless-steel finish.
Family Hub™ is one of the most helpful smart features on any refrigerator on the market. With Family Hub™ you can connect to many different smart devices including Ring doorbells, Arlo cameras, Alexa-enabled devices, and Nest thermostats. It also offers the ability to stream music, movies, shows, and more easily from your kitchen. Leave notes, sync calendars, and share drawings with the family on the refrigerator’s touch screen.
Other incredible features we know your family will love include:
- Flexible Storage. The in-door ice maker and flexible shelves add the ability to adjust your storage space needs.
- Fingerprint Resistant. This finish is fingerprint resistant to keep the refrigerator looking clean longer and minimize your time spent cleaning.
- Minimal Design. Get a sleek look with recessed handles and the elegant ice dispenser.
Shop for a New Refrigerator at Howard’s
Ready to purchase a new refrigerator? Trust the experts at Howard’s. We offer a wide selection of kitchen appliances, furniture, electronics, and mattresses for your home. Howard's has been in business for over 75 years and is Southern California’s largest and most trusted appliance retailer.
With appliance store locations conveniently located throughout Southern California - including Glendale, Huntington Beach, Long Beach, and Agoura Hills - we’re nearby and ready to help you find the perfect items for your home. Visit us today.