The Best Time of Year to Buy Appliances in Southern California
January 29, 2021
Save time and money with these tips from Howard’s. As Southern California’s premier home appliance retailer, we have the insight you need to help you save this year.
Shopping for appliances can be a very overwhelming time for some, and yet a time of utter enjoyment for others. Dreading appliance shopping is generally due to one of these root causes:
- Feeling you MUST shop for appliances due to unexpected necessity. These are the situations that throw us into a frenzy, like when the refrigerator breaks the afternoon after your bi-weekly grocery trip was completed.
- Feeling completely overwhelmed by options. With the countless options available, it is easy to become overwhelmed and unsure of what is actually needed. Traditional oven, convection oven, toaster oven... making the choice can be difficult without knowing more information. Working with an experienced product specialist, like the team at Howard’s, can help take the pressure off and get your questions answered.
- You do not want to overpay. Nothing is worse than feeling like you are not getting the best deal. Knowing the best time of the year to shop can help you save money and take advantage of special discounts. We’ve detailed below the best times of the year to shop and save you money.
So, when is the best time of year to buy appliances?
Luckily, you have a few options:
Holidays and Holiday Weekends
Holiday and holiday weekends are a great time to buy. Many people have extra time off work so appliance shopping is a popular pastime. Retailers are not going to pass up the opportunity to draw people in, so they are known to get pretty creative with their sales and marketing. Look for specials like, low interest rates and free add-ons with purchase.
The End of the Month
Goals are a real thing for everyone. Companies set sales goals and do whatever it takes to hit them, which oftentimes results in better deals for consumers. Visit stores toward the end of the month, and you could have a little more bargaining power.
Back to School
No, really! Back to school shopping is the perfect time to find great deals on compact appliances. Smaller appliances are gaining popularity, allowing more flexibility with home design, and are still must-haves for apartments and college dorms.
Can we get a little more specific?
A well-known secret in most industries is that when new models roll out, older inventory needs to be moved. This is especially true for bigger appliances which take up a lot of floor space.
So when is the best time to buy:
- Washers, dryers and dishwashers? These new models arrive in stores in the fall, making September and October prime shopping months.
- Refrigerators? New models release between April and May each year, so May is the month to shop to take advantage of these deals.
- Ovens/ranges and cooktops? Look for these deals on these kitchen favorites at the beginning of the year. Generally, new models come out at the beginning of each year. We suggest shopping for these in early to mid-January.
Pro Appliance Shopping Tip:
For even more savings year-round, ask about open-box or floor models. While a minor scratch or dent may be unsightly to some, the added discount may make the price just right for another.
We Are Here To Get You The Right Appliance At The Right Time
Any time of year, for any reason, we are here to help you with all your appliance needs. Stop into one of our 12 locations to shop in person and work with a product specialist to find the appliance that fits your lifestyle, or you can shop online at Howards.com.
Howard’s offers free next-day delivery on appliance purchases over $399 to the Southern California area. Contact us today for more information or to have one of our experienced product specialists help you find the perfect home appliances for your space.