The Most Energy Efficient Washers of 2022
September 30, 2022
As we enter the end of 2022, we're looking back at the highest-performing, energy-efficient appliances this year. We have had the honor of working with countless amazing customers in the Southern California area and seeing firsthand how appliances perform on a daily basis.
We've compiled a list of the most energy-efficient washers of 2022 based on appliance ratings, reviews, our experience, and feedback from our customers.
Samsung's Large Capacity Smart Front Load Washer with Super Speed Wash
This Samsung 4.5 cubic foot front load washing machine features a Super Speed Wash cycle that allows you to clean full loads of laundry in just 28 minutes.
Not only does this washer have a sleek design that looks great in any household, but it boasts several features that are sure to make your life easier, including:
- Durable finish and scratch-resistant tempered glass door.
- Samsung's Self Clean+ cycle to automatically clean the interior of your washer.
- Vibration Reduction Technology+ that reduces noise and enables you to wash your laundry at any time of the day without distributing others in the household.
- Optional steam cycle to gently remove even tough, dried-on stains.
- Wi-Fi connectivity enables you to receive alters, start cycles, and monitor performance all from your phone.
- Available in Champagne, White, and Platinum finishes.
- Includes a 20-year warranty from Samsung on the Digital Inverter Motor.
LG's Mega Capacity Smart Front Load Washer with TurboWash™ 360° and Built-In Intelligence
LG's mega capacity, Wi-Fi-enabled front load washer with TurboWash™ 360° technology is another one of our top picks. This washing machine has a 5.0 cubic foot capacity and features LG's signature TurboWash™ 360° technology. It has the capability to completely clean a full load of clothes in under 30 minutes while utilizing five powerful spray jets for a superior clean.
This washing machine also features LG's AI technology that actively works to select the optimal wash setting for each load and automatically syncs with a compatible drying cycle to save energy.
Other features we love include:
- LG's Allergiene™ Cycle which has been shown to remove over 95%* of pet dander and dust.
- Wi-Fi-enabled and syncs with LG's ThinQ to allow you to control cycles, evaluate performance, and more all remotely.
- Available in Black Steel and White finishes featuring chrome or rose gold accents.
- Includes a 10-year warranty from LG on the Inverter DirectDrive Motor.
Whirlpool's Front Load Washer with Quick Wash Cycle
Whirlpool's 5.0 cubic foot front load washer with Quick Wash Cycle is another one of our favorite energy-efficient washers. Whirlpool's intuitive controls will help guide you to the most efficient cycle for your load. This washer also features a Quick Wash Cycle that can clean a standard load of laundry in just 25 minutes.
Additional features this Whirlpool washer offers include:
- Tumble Fresh Option to keep your clothes fresh for up to 12 hours after the wash cycle ends helping to prevent wrinkles and odors.
- Sanitize Cycle with increased water temperature to fully sanitize towels and more.
- Steam cleaning options provide a deeper clean and help remove stains.
- Available in Chrome Shadow and White finishes.
GE Smart Front Load Steam Washer with SmartDispense™, UltraFresh Vent System with OdorBlock™, and Sanitize + Allergen
GE's 5.0 cubic foot smart front load steam washer with SmartDispense™, UltraFresh Vent System with OdorBlock™, and Sanitize + Allergen is energy-efficient and features countless exclusive features to keep your clothes at their best and make life easy.
One of our favorite things about this washer is that it has the capability to wash and dry small loads of laundry within the washing machine itself. This is perfect for busy families and enables you to have a load of laundry completely cleaned and dried while you're out of the house.
Other features include:
- UltraFresh Vent System with OdorBlock™ works to reduce excess moisture and help prevent odors from building up on your clothes and in your washer over time.
- Microban® antimicrobial technology is built into the gasket, dispenser, and draining system to protect your washer from germs.
- SmartDispense™ Technology holding up to 50 ounces of detergent can be set to automatically dispense the correct amount into each load.
- Wi-Fi capability allows you to start, stop, and monitor your loads remotely through GE's app.
- Available in Sapphire Blue, Diamond Gray, and White finishes.
Tips to Save Water and Energy with Your Washer
Choosing an energy-efficient washing machine is just the first step to conserving energy and water usage. If you want to work to lower your electricity bill over time and reduce wear and tear on your machine, we suggest following these recommendations.
- Wash full loads whenever possible.
- Carefully choose the appropriate fill setting on your washer to improve water efficiency.
- Use Quick Wash cycles when you can for lightly soiled loads.
- Use cold water as much as possible to wash your clothes.
Shop for Energy-Efficient Washers at Howard's
Energy-efficient washers can save you money in the long run and reduce your electricity usage. Energy Star-certified washers use 33% less water and 25% less energy than standard models (EneryStar.gov).
If you're ready to purchase the best washing machine for your home, the experts at Howard's are ready to help. Visit the Howard's appliance location nearest you to work with one of our experts today.
We have 16 locations all over the California area including Alhambra-South Pasadena, Corona, Covina, Glendale, Huntington Beach Experience Center, Irvine, La Habra Experience Center, Laguna Hills Experience Center, Long Beach Experience Center, Outlet Store- Pico Rivera, Riverside, Torrance Experience Center, Victorville, West Los Angeles Experience Center, and West Valley-Canoga Park.