Howard's Appliance, TV and Mattress was founded in 1946. Due to Howard's relentless focus on customer experience, our business has grown over the past 72 years to become Southern California's largest and most trusted independent retailer of appliances, TV's, and mattresses with 14 locations and over 130 employee owners.
Howard's is proud to be 100% Employee Owned which means all employees enjoy the benefits of belonging to an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)*.
Howard's is an employee-owned company whose team is committed to excellence. Howard's is continually looking for exceptional employees in the areas listed below who can contribute to the success of our company:
Job: Corporate Trainer
Store: All Store Locations
Reports to: Director of Training and Development
Department: 001300 - Corp-Office General
Job Family: Training
Supervisory Role: No
The Director of Training and Development will develop, implement, conduct training and development programs needs to help oversee the team's day-to-day functions. Additionally, the Director of Training and Development will continuously identify ways to develop and enhance both the team and the current programs set in place.
- Establishes and coordinates an organization-wide approach to training and development, the use of technology, and tools.
- Works with the Director of Training and Development to:
- Work as the liaison with store managers to determine training needs and schedule training sessions
- Promote the use of technology and efficient tools to increase productivity
- Work with the Operations Coordinator to select and book venues
- Work with the vendor partners to secure showroom visits as needed.
- Conduct seminars, workshops, individual training sessions etc. to achieve company goals
- Prepare educational material such as presentations, summaries, videos, etc
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management
- Execute innovative training programs to ensure the organization has the necessary skills and competencies to meet company business plans.
- Establish a process for designing, identifying, delivering, coordinating, and evaluating seminars, workshops, courses, and training curricula to make training recommendations to management.
- Help implement programs, processes, and strategies that enable managers to plan, evaluate, develop, and improve their human and organization resources to optimize their contribution to the company.
- Provide day-to-day guidance and oversight of trainees; actively works to promote and recognize performance.
- Keep up to date on overall activities of the team, identifying problem areas and taking corrective actions.
- Support and mentor new / existing employees.
- Train Interns / Howard’s University.
- Conduct evaluations to identify areas of improvement.
- Associate degree (A.A.) or equivalent.
- Two to four years related experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in supervising and motivating subordinates.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Basic competence in subordinates’ duties and tasks.
- Ability to work with all levels of management.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Proficient on ERP systems, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Proven leadership and business acumen skills.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
- Demonstrated ability to make successful presentations to individuals and/or groups at all levels of an organization
- Demonstrated knowledge of instructional design, adult learning theory, and the performance consulting process
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Requires walking, standing, twisting, bending, and occasional repetitive movement.
- Frequently required to present to a group of individuals.
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity.
- Requires working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. Occasionally will go outdoors.
- Available to work mornings, afternoons, evenings, and weekends.
- Ability to provide support during or outside core office hours.
- Bi-lingual Spanish/Tagalog/Vietnamese/Chinese/Korean preferred
The above responsibilities are not all encompassing and may be modified as needed.
Howard’s Appliances, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, gender, religious creed, religious dress and grooming practices, marital or familial status, domestic partner status, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics or information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, gender identification, and gender expression or any other consideration or characteristic made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Apply Now Return to Careers
More about ESOP
The value of the ESOP is dependent on the success and profitability of the company, so the value of ESOP shares can fluctuate over time. Generally, a 7% growth is average, but if the company does especially well, there can be incredible share value increases year to year. Over time, ESOP allocations can add up to large numbers. Plus, unlike a 401(k), employees do not contribute any of their own money towards their ESOP, so anything they receive is extra and at no cost to them. With the uncertainties over social security and the ability to save for retirement, ESOP can be a powerful retirement plan to be a part of.
Employees tend to work harder when they've got some "skin in the game." Being able to directly benefit from the overall success and profitability of the company adds significant financial motivation to work harder, think creatively, and work efficiently as a team. This synergy creates a far more rewarding work environment.
Team. Everyone. Achieves. More.
Belonging to an ESOP is a Rare Benefit.
There is no such thing as a perfect job or a perfect company, and you'll likely experience ups and downs no matter where you work. An ESOP is an amazing benefit that is incredibly rare to come by, as there are only approximately 10,000 ESOPs in the Nation.
We are proud to offer a competitive wages and outstanding benefits!
Health, dental, vision, life
ESOP - Employee Stock Ownership Plan*
Paid time off (vacation/sick/holidays)
If this sounds like the job opportunity you've been looking for, and if you meet our qualifications, Howard's wants to talk with you right away!
Howard's is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Qualified applicants are welcome to apply for employment in person, via email, or via US Mail. Please stop by any Howard's location, email application to Human Resources at HumanResources@howards.com.
You may mail your application to:
Howard's Appliances, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
901 E. Imperial Hwy.
La Habra, CA 90631