Experience more realistic, more immersive home theater with the STR-DN1070. It supports DSD native playback for lossless quality and HDR technology to enhance the dynamic range of images. 4K provides remarkable image clarity while HDCP 2.2 allows you to enjoy premium 4K content through satellite broadcasts and UHD Blu-ray Discs . What's more, the amp supports High-Resolution Audio so you can enjoy high quality audio as well, and go even further with wireless multi-room.The Way The Artists Truly Intended
Advanced digital technology recreates the analog realityTheatrical surround sound in your home
Make movie night more memorable with true surround sound.The ultimate visual experience in 4K
Versatile connectivity maximizes your system's potential.Your favorite music, no cables attached
Wireless technologies to make your music sound near high-resolution sound quality and make listening easy.Connections make all the difference
Versatile connectivity maximizes your system's potential.Designed for quality from the inside out
Each part plays a role in delivering superior sound.The Way The Artists Truly Intended
Advanced digital technology recreates the analog reality
Enjoy the subtlest nuances of studio-quality sound in higher than CD quality with High-Resolution Audio. Passion for music unites every component from signal to speaker so it feels like the artist is performing right in front of you.DSD native playbackSupports up to 5.1 channels
Enjoy extremely high quality surround. The STR-DN1070 supports DSD (Direct Stream Digital) native playback, meaning there is no conversion so DSD content can befully enjoyed without losing any of its original purity. Also get multi-channel 5.1ch surround with DSD 5.6 MHz.High-Resolution Audio file formats
The STR-DN1070 supports a wide variety of High-Resolution Audio formats, including both DSD and Linear PCM. What's more, playback is possible with USB and DLNA connectivity, and multi-channel capabilities let you incorporate the high quality sound into an immersive surround system.Music enriched
The DSEE HX upscales your existing music to near high-resolution sound quality, and makes you feel as if you are really there at the recording studio or concert.Theatrical surround sound in your home
Make movie night more memorable with true surround soundFine-tune every noteSimulate the acoustics of world-renowned performance venues in your home
With Sony's Sound Field Technologies you can emulate the acoustics of Sony Pictures' renowned Hollywood mastering theater, the Cary Grant Theatre, or three world-renowned concert halls.7.2 channels for surround sound
A 7.2 channel AV receiver enables truly dynamic surround sound, and Sony's Digital Cinema Automatic Calibration (DCAC) makes optimizing it for perfect audio performance as simple as positioning the supplied mic and hitting start.Get the most from Blu-ray Discs with HD soundtracks
Blu-ray Discs have up to 10 times the capacity of DVDs, so they can carry much more audio information. Built-in Dolby True HD and DTS-HD Master Audio decoders let you enjoy the powerful and immersive HD surround soundtracks of the latest Blu-ray Discs.Enhanced cinematic sound
Experience rich, multi-channel audio with Dolby® True HD-engineered to deliver 100 percent lossless sound across movies and musicHear the action all around you
For expansive theat
- DSD native playback
- Co-developed for High-Resolution Audio by Sony and Philips, the companies behind the original CD format, DSD offers a revolutionary way of capturing and playing back audio. Its sampling frequency is 128 times that of CD, and it offers 8 times the data volume of CD to take audio to a whole new level. Totally different from PCM format, DSD uses a pulse-density modulation encoding method to store audio, expressing sound through the pulse intensity of a 1-bit digital audio stream that more closely represents the nature of an analog audio waveform. This enables the delivery of warm, natural analog-like sound coupled with the digital advantages of wide dynamic range and frequency response surpassing 100 kHz. Since the STR-DN1070 supports DSD (Direct Stream Digital) native playback, there is no conversion involved so DSD content can be fully enjoyed without losing any of its original purity.
- High quality DA converter
- DSD delivers audio with an immense sense of space and accurate representation of an artist's original vision. By selecting DSD Native playback, DSP processing is bypassed to deliver DSD original purity as-is, but if you prefer you can select DSP processing with 32-bit DA conversion as well. What's more, multi-channel 5.1ch surround with DSD 5.6 MHz delivers a truly immersive home theater experience in which the advantages of DSD can be appreciated to their fullest.
- 32 bit processing
- Non DSD native playback is also supported, in which DA conversion is performed on the DSP output that has been processed in 32 bits "as is." The superior DSP technology that Sony has cultivated for AVR enables all features to be upgraded by undergoing 32-bit DA conversion.
- High Dynamic Range (HDR)
- By supporting High Dynamic Range (HDR) signal pass-through, you can enjoy the incredible jump in image contrast and brightness it brings - and the additional shadow detail and highlights further enhance picture detail and brings colors to life
- Supports full-spec 4K images
- The highest quality image formats including 4K/60p/4:4:4/24bit, 4K/60p/4:2:0/30bit, and 4K/60p/4:2:2/36bit are supported for 4K enjoyment. Flowing images with 60 frame-per-second reproduction, combined with smooth rendition of color gradations deliver pristine results. Just connect to a 4K/60p input compatible TV to bring out the full visual potential of 4K content.
- 7.2 channel receiver for immersive surround sound
- Lose yourself in entertainment, thanks to 7.2 channels of room-filling surround sound and 165 W per channel of power output. A dedicated channel enables you to connect two active subwoofers, so you can distribute bass evenly around the room. So whether you're watching movies, playing games, or listening to your favorite songs, you'll enjoy a next-level entertainment experience.
- Dolby(R) TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio
- STR-DN1070 supports both Dolby(R) TrueHD(R) and DTS-HD(R) Master Audio to enable Blu-ray Disc soundtracks to provide unsurpassed audio quality. Reproducing near studio-quality lossless audio, these advanced high-definition audio formats allow the user to experience multi-channel audio and be immersed in expansive theater surround sound when viewing movies and music.
- See more detail with 4K upscale / 4K pass through with HDCP2.2
- A native 4K source can be passed directly through to 4K HDMI IN with HDCP2.2. 2K resolution can be enjoyed with higher quality and more visible detail thanks to video upscale technology.
- Advanced Digital Cinema Auto Calibration
- Enjoy immersive movie sound wherever you choose to sit. Advanced Digital Cinema Automatic Calibration (ADCAC) optimizes audio performance to ensure well balanced sound. Use the supplied mic to measure the acoustic properties of your room in relation to where you sit, and the position of your speakers. The system adjusts and tunes sound accordingly, eliminating any weak sound spots to establish a wide, natural sound stage.
- Center Speaker Lift Up
- Center speakers are typically positioned below the screen, so all centrally located sounds come from below the screen. This feature enables the center speaker to appear to be located at the position of the screen. The height of the sound from the center speaker can be raised to a desired height. (This works with actual installed front high speakers.) The center speaker lift up can be set to 0 (OFF) or between 1 and 10. With a higher setting the center position is raised, so listeners can customize this function to suit their preferences. This function can be used with A.F.D. mode (which adds no sound field) and movie modes like HD-Digital Cinema Sound, etc.
- In-ceiling speaker mode
- This feature will virtually re-locate the Front and Center speakers of the in-ceiling speakers to around the screen. Now the customer will hear their characters' voices coming from the screen instead of the ceiling. This mode also makes music sound more natural and rich in the room with in-ceiling speakers.
- HD Digital Cinema Sound(R)
- Emulate the exceptional acoustics of the iconic Cary Grant Theatre at home. Developed with Sony Pictures Entertainm
|Number of Amp. Channels||7ch|
|Bi-AMP||YES (Common with Surround Back)|
|Digital Legato Linear||YES|
|HD-D.C.S. (Digital Cinema Sound)||YES|
|Sound Field Program (2ch/Multi)||YES|
|Sound Field Program (A.F.D)||YES|
|Sound Field Program (Direct)||YES|
|Sound Field Program (Movie)||YES|
|Sound Field Program (Music)||YES|
|HDR (High Dynamic Range)||YES|
|Audio Return Channel||YES|
|HDMI® Pass Through||YES|
|3D over HDMI||YES|
|4K 60p 4:4:4 Support||YES (except VIDEO1 input)|
|BRAVIA® SYNC (CEC Control)||YES (One-Touch Play, System Audio Control, System Power Off)|
|4K Upscaling (Only from HDMI Input)||YES|
|Assignable Component Video IN||NO|
|HDMI Video IN||6 - 1/6Front - 5/6 rear|
|Video Up Converter (Analog Video Input to HDMI Output)||NO|
|DCAC (Digital Cinema Auto Calibration)||YES (Advanced D.C.A.C)|
|Preset Channel (FM/AM)||(FM30/AM-)|
|Input and Output Terminals||HDMI Video In/Out (6/2); HDCP2.2 In/Out (6/2); Composite Monitor Out (1); HDMI Input for Audio (2); Audio Input Coax (1); Analog Audio Input (4); Audio Input Opt (1); Headphone Output (1); Pre Out Subwoofer (2); USB (1 Front); Ethernet Port (1)|
|DTS HD/DolbyTruHD/Dolby Digital+||YES/YES/YES|
|LPCM (2 CH/5.1 CH/7.1 CH) through HDMI||YES (192 kHz/24 bit/Up to 7.1ch)|
|Dolby Digital EX||YES|
|Dolby Prologic II||YES|
|Dolby Prologic IIx||YES|
|Dolby Dual MoNO||YES|
|DSD||Yes (5.6 MHz/Up to 5.1ch)|
|Music Decoding Format for Network Client||[MP3].mp3, [AAC/HE-AAC].m4a, .aac, [WMA9 Standard].wma, [LPCM].wav, [FLAC].flac, .fla, [Dolby Digital].ac3, [DSF].dsf, [DSDIFF].dff, [AIFF].aiff, .aif, [ALAC].m4a|
|PC Connect Update (Ethernet)||YES|
|Update via Internet||YES|
|IR Repeat (In/Out)||YES(1/1)|
|3rd Zone Audio||YES|
|Power Consumption (Off Mode)||not available|
|Power Consumption (Standby Mode)||0.3 W|
|Power Consumption (Networked Standby Mode) - Terminals||2.2 W (Ethernet) / 1.1 W (Bluetooth®) / 2 W (Wi-Fi®) / 2.2 W (all terminals and networks connected)|
|Standby Mode Activated||YES|
|Networked Standby Mode Activated - Terminals||After 19 minutes (Ethernet) / 19 minutes (Bluetooth®) / 19 minutes (Wi-Fi®)|
|Wireless Network(s) On/Off Switch||YES|
|GUI (Graphical User Interface)||YES|